1. Originally posted by owenedgehello there my name is owen im 21 years old im from wales and ive been a u2 fan since i was about 7 or 8 when my father used to always play the joshua tree in the car but didnt start buying thier albums until i was about 13 around the time pop came out(which personally i think is a really strong album) so thats me glad to be here and hope to hear from fellow u2 fans out there

Wohoo Im not the only welsh man here. Hi Owen Im steve, im 22 and from Bridgend.
  2. Welcome to U2Start!

Be prepared to lose yourself in here.

I'm from Kidwelly if you know it?
  3. Welcome to U2Start!
  4. Originally posted by djrlewisWelcome to U2Start!

Be prepared to lose yourself in here.

I'm from Kidwelly if you know it?

Yeh that's near camarthern isn't it. Never been there mind, it's good to hear people have ties with Wales.
  5. Originally posted by Angel_or_Devil[..]

Yeh that's near camarthern isn't it. Never been there mind, it's good to hear people have ties with Wales.

Yes, between Llanelli and Carmarthen. Has a great castle ruin, my Dad used to live in the castle mill and bathe in the river!

Are you, like me, reveling in England's misfortune in the World Cup at present?!
  6. Originally posted by djrlewis[..]

Yes, between Llanelli and Carmarthen. Has a great castle ruin, my Dad used to live in the castle mill and bathe in the river!

Are you, like me, reveling in England's misfortune in the World Cup at present?!

That's pretty awesome about your Dad.

Can you speak any welsh? I can only say basic stuff.

LMAO yes I am. Im surprised no one created a topic for the RWC even though there are quite a few europians here whose country is not involved in the world cup.

Even though wales lost to australia I thought they played quite well. My mate went to that game but I couldn't go cos I had a job interview the following day (on a Sunday!!!). Wales v Japan next. We should end up second in our group. I think the final will be between New Zealand and South Africa.
  7. oh yes absolutely joyful and exstatic about england we can beat england, shame we couldnt do as well in the first half against australia as we did in the second nice to hear from other welshman on hear thought id be the only one lol