1. Is there some one with a video registration from the Vertigo Tour played at Amsterdam on 13 july 2005 ?
    I've been looking for ages now but can't find it anywhere.

I've only got some video snippets recorded by a mobile phone, but it isn't very good.
    Over 2 years ago I heard on a other forum people speaking about a dvd from Amsterdam 13-07-2005 but I never saw it.

Could some one please help me?

Thnx!

Youri
  2. It doesn't exist, there was a video taper but his gear was taken in during taping.
  3. Originally posted by YouriIs there some one with a video registration from the Vertigo Tour played at Amsterdam on 13 july 2005 ?
    I've been looking for ages now but can't find it anywhere.

I've only got some video snippets recorded by a mobile phone, but it isn't very good.
    Over 2 years ago I heard on a other forum people speaking about a dvd from Amsterdam 13-07-2005 but I never saw it.

Could some one please help me?

Thnx!

Youri

Hey why don't you introduce yourself to welcome to U2start forum
  4. Originally posted by RemyIt doesn't exist, there was a video taper but his gear was taken in during taping.

I thought that it was during the saturday show (07/16) that the taper got cought...that's why there is only the crap dvd from half way from this night. As far as I know there's no complete dvd from the 13th indeed.
  5. Originally posted by CoenI thought that it was during the saturday show (07/16) that the taper got cought...that's why there is only the crap dvd from half way from this night. As far as I know there's no complete dvd from the 13th indeed.
    In fact there isn't. Today is not like the Pre-PoPMart tour, when a taper could keep his concert for years, without any way to share it. Today, if you taped it, you probably would post someting on Youtube saying "I have the whole DVD" etc. No chance to anyone have taped it.
  6. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]In fact there isn't. Today is not like the Pre-PoPMart tour, when a taper could keep his concert for years, without any way to share it. Today, if you taped it, you probably would post someting on Youtube saying "I have the whole DVD" etc. No chance to anyone have taped it.

some amateur tapers might not know how to get the stuff from tape to computer to DVD. Thats what I always hope has happened when there are no recordings of a show. Stay positive
  7. Originally posted by germcevoysome amateur tapers might not know how to get the stuff from tape to computer to DVD. Thats what I always hope has happened when there are no recordings of a show. Stay positive
    Yes. But there are shows and shows. There are shows where the Security level is really tight, they registrate your pants, your bag, etc etc. and there are shows where the security is very soft. For example, in Madrid we only had to show a moment our bags. And the guards even didn't look into. I would have carried a camera or a granade. Do you catch me?
  8. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]Yes. But there are shows and shows. There are shows where the Security level is really tight, they registrate your pants, your bag, etc etc. and there are shows where the security is very soft. For example, in Madrid we only had to show a moment our bags. And the guards even didn't look into. I would have carried a camera or a granade. Do you catch me?

yup, like always I look at all sides. The possibilities are endless. I'd love to tape a show. I might go to one GA show and get seats for another so that I can record it. Not sure though. I'd love to be up front again perhaps and somebody else will probably record it . . . .
  9. Originally posted by germcevoyI'd love to tape a show. I might go to one GA show and get seats for another so that I can record it. Not sure though. I'd love to be up front again perhaps and somebody else will probably record it . . . .
    I taped the last show of Sting here in Spain, last summer (2006-07-01) and i have to say that the feeling of re-hearing a show you've recorded is absolutely great (even though the sound quality was actually quite crappy...).
  10. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]I taped the last show of Sting here in Spain, last summer (2006-07-01) and i have to say that the feeling of re-hearing a show you've recorded is absolutely great (even though the sound quality was actually quite crappy...).

I'll record a show some day. Maybe when i'm much older. Too young and have to much energy to sit and record a show these days
  11. Originally posted by germcevoyI'll record a show some day. Maybe when i'm much older. Too young and have to much energy to sit and record a show these days
    That's the point. I couln't ever record a U2 show. It's hard for me staying quiet even listening a bootleg, so imagine in a stadium... No, too hard for me.

But, for example, an artist which you like but doesn't appasionate you (as me with Sting), you can perfeclt take a good recording equipment and take a good record of the show. It's really nice to re-hear something you've recorded, trust me.
  12. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]That's the point. I couln't ever record a U2 show. It's hard for me staying quiet even listening a bootleg, so imagine in a stadium... No, too hard for me.

But, for example, an artist which you like but doesn't appasionate you (as me with Sting), you can perfeclt take a good recording equipment and take a good record of the show. It's really nice to re-hear something you've recorded, trust me.

if I can onlt get a seated ticket for a show I would consider trying out an audio recording though i'll need to know wat equipment is needed. A good 3 star recording would be awesome