1. I ahve downloaded a few zip files that were posted on here and I keep getting a message that says 'volume (file) #2 in set' and then it wont let me open the file. What am I doing wrong?

thanks.....
    guenther
  2. Changed your title to make it more clear what you mean

And can you give an example? With which bootleg do you experience this problem? Why doesn't it let you open the file? Do you get an error message?
  3. thanks....

I downloaded an avi of the irving plaza show in a zip file from the spiral staircase blog and it just get the volume message. If I hit 'ok' nothing happens, but if I hit 'cancel' it sometimes gives me a volume error.
    do I need to download all of the parts first?
  4. Originally posted by Guentherthanks....

I downloaded an avi of the irving plaza show in a zip file from the spiral staircase blog and it just get the volume message. If I hit 'ok' nothing happens, but if I hit 'cancel' it sometimes gives me a volume error.
    do I need to download all of the parts first?

Yep, you will need all files and you do need to start with the first file.
  5. Ok, I have downloaded all 8 parts to the set, and I can only get audio out of the first zip file and I cant get anything out of the other zip files. I keep getting error messages - "bad block" messages?

any help?

thanks
  6. Originally posted by GuentherOk, I have downloaded all 8 parts to the set, and I can only get audio out of the first zip file and I cant get anything out of the other zip files. I keep getting error messages - "bad block" messages?

any help?

thanks

Then the rar files are incomplete, you need to download the wrong parts again and complete. Probably your download was interrupted before it was done.
  7. oh no....
    it took me 2 days just to get these ones......
  8. Originally posted by Guentheroh no....
    it took me 2 days just to get these ones......

lifes a bitch
  9. I took the plunge and signed up for a 1 month rapid share account.

now they tell me it can take up to 7 days just to activate because of paypal!!!
  10. Originally posted by GuentherI took the plunge and signed up for a 1 month rapid share account.

now they tell me it can take up to 7 days just to activate because of paypal!!!

check your e-mail I used paypal and I was downloading within an hour. You will not regret that one month subscription
  11. FINALLY!!!!
  12. ok I keep downloading them and getting the same problem, do I need to use a download manager? or what else can I try?