1. Originally posted by drewhiggins

For the history of "beach clips", the same thing happened with HTDAAB - Miracle Drug, Vertigo, All Because of You and Love and Peace were leaked, from the same beach house in Eze, France.

Did those early versions pop up anywhere on the Web? Early Miracle Drug and Love and Peace would be great to hear.
  2. so whats the story with these clips?
  3. Originally posted by walkonso whats the story with these clips?

Which ones...the 2004 or 2006 recordings? Hopefully this explains it well enough.

Anyway, it was a similar situation, some fans had a hand-held recorder at a beach in Eze, France and heard (supposedly) five songs which I did have and did send around for a while. The first set (in 2004) were Vertigo, Miracle Drug, Love and Peace, Miracle Drug and All Because of You and one song was recorded in full. I couldn't for the life of me remember what it was though. The difference between the Album Edit of Vertigo to the video version of Vertigo on 18 Videos is different where you hear the "Nobody gets hurt" part, so they certainly weren't recorded during the album sessions.

The 2006 situation wasn't much different. Five or so songs were recorded (in pretty poor quality, mind that), leaked to U2exit.com before the IFPI (look it up) asked them to be removed (obviously because they were to be released) and two songs turned out to be Window In The Skies in the early stages, and the other few were just gobbledygook. The last one is a Strokes song and lots of people believed they were actually U2, but the recording found on the official Strokes forum proved this was wrong. And it was called "Obstinate". The U2 tracks are known as "All My Life", "Can't You See" (WiTS), "I Believe" and "Thank You For The Day".

People actually thought Mercy was recorded by the "Beach Stalkers" but it was too clear and too finalized. One of those demos is very clear and you can actually hear an awesome guitar solo, and And the lyrics go something like this to that specific track:

"All my life"
    "I've been waiting for you..."

I hope something similar happens with this new album, no matter how crappy quality. These recordings differ to the Achtung Baby sessions and the Hershey Tapes, Mercy, War, Unforgettable Fire and Joshua Tree demos (Rise Up is actually In The Doorstep / Golden Light from that set) because these are recorded by U2 themselves.
  4. Originally posted by drewhiggins[..]

Not everything they listen to is their own. But hopefully someone has those HTDAAB 2004 demos which can be posted up - they're pretty good, unfortunately I don't have them. That SaveFile project only has the 2006 versions. Some of the more recent members wouldn't know of the 2004 recordings though, maybe only the Eze ones.

Those "fans" who recorded the beach demos are sort of creepy.

Why would you want them? As far as I remember, the clips were Vertigo, Miracle Drug, Love and peace, ABOY and Yahweh. You have the album, right? So why would you want a windy recording of these with some spanish people talking...?
  5. I have the full album. They came out before HTDAAB was released - and that's when I wanted them.

But now, I couldn't care less. Just a reference for those who are interested in previous song "leaks".
  6. those clips were recorded on a mobile phone. Terrible listen so it is. I can upload it for you tomorrow sometime if you're really interested.
  7. WHAT SONGS ARE I BELIEVE THANK YOU AND ALL MY LIFE...ALL MUSIC..NO VOCALS?..sounds like u2 but kinda doesnt...
  8. Originally posted by JcbasketWHAT SONGS ARE I BELIEVE THANK YOU AND ALL MY LIFE...ALL MUSIC..NO VOCALS?..sounds like u2 but kinda doesnt...

The vocals are very, very distant...you'd be lucky to hear them. All My Life is very good quality as I think I said.
  9. Bump, I kinda am curious about these, all jokes aside. I have All My Life but nothing else. I'm sure other people would appreciate if someone could repost these as well

Thanks