1. Talking about this song... what does 'Cartoon Network turns into the news' mean?
  2. Originally posted by CarlosgfcTalking about this song... what does 'Cartoon Network turns into the news' mean?

I think it's about future, children become adults, or something like that
  3. picture a clueless sheep leading the flock and you'll get the picture.
    any irish or english will understand this oft used sarcastic remark
  4. Originally posted by theedge123[..]

I think it's about future, children become adults, or something like that

I always pictured the violence that you see in the cartoons ends up becoming a reality after this guy blows up. "And the next minute you're blowing a fuse." He gets to the point where he snaps and the cartoon beatdowns that you see in Looney Toons ends up being a reality on the news. Just my two cents....
  5. Actually about the Cartoon Network part...I always imagined it as a description of war and bomb attacks:

The next minute you're blowing a fuse
    And the cartoon network turns into the news

Well...I don't know if you guys have experienced your city being bombed, but what actually happens is that the TV and Radio stop their programs and alert you that there is an attack (they "turn into the news") and what you do next is that you blow the fuse so that your place goes dark and can't be seen by fighter planes.

Now I don't know if you can connect this to the girl being beaten explanation, but that how I always got it and maybe I'm very wrong here!!

And BTW, this part of the song and the past two lines ("and the love? / What's that you say to me / Does love... light up your Christmas tree?") are some of my favorite U2 lyrics!
  6. Originally posted by Ali709Actually about the Cartoon Network part...I always imagined it as a description of war and bomb attacks:

The next minute you're blowing a fuse
    And the cartoon network turns into the news

Well...I don't know if you guys have experienced your city being bombed, but what actually happens is that the TV and Radio stop their programs and alert you that there is an attack (they "turn into the news") and what you do next is that you blow the fuse so that your place goes dark and can't be seen by fighter planes.
    Oh my god. I don't wanna ever being bombed, and I'm sorry for you, Ali, to have experienced it. Too sad experience.
  7. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]Oh my god. I don't wanna ever being bombed, and I'm sorry for you, Ali, to have experienced it. Too sad experience.

I second that. I hope things with your country do not escalate
  8. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]Oh my god. I don't wanna ever being bombed, and I'm sorry for you, Ali, to have experienced it. Too sad experience.

Don't be...I was too young at the time of War and can hardly remember anything! It's mostly what I've heard from my family...the only effect that I believe the bombings have had on me is that I can't stand a loud...let's say "boom boom" kind of music...I get nervous :-\

and germcevoy...I hope so as well, thanks!
  9. Originally posted by Ali709[..]

Don't be...I was too young at the time of War and can hardly remember anything! It's mostly what I've heard from my family...the only effect that I believe the bombings have had on me is that I can't stand a loud...let's say "boom boom" kind of music...I get nervous :-\

thats terrible. Getting nervous at bass
  10. Well...it's as I said the loud bass...mostly in places like night clubs, not heard everywhere!
    And you know...this happened when I was younger...probably won't happen now!
  11. Originally posted by Ali709Well...it's as I said the loud bass...mostly in places like night clubs, not heard everywhere!
    And you know...this happened when I was younger...probably won't happen now!

that often happens. If somethings planted in your mind as a kid it can stay with you forever. when my younger brother was just born he was really ill (tubes and wires and pumps everywhere) and my mum has a pic of him like lying in an incubator. He's 4 now and if he sees that pic he just starts crying? He was weeks old when the pic was taken but he remembers. Odd aint' it?
  12. Originally posted by Ali709Don't be...I was too young at the time of War and can hardly remember anything! It's mostly what I've heard from my family...the only effect that I believe the bombings have had on me is that I can't stand a loud...let's say "boom boom" kind of music...I get nervous :-\

and germcevoy...I hope so as well, thanks!
    Hahahha... you can't stand "booom booom" music? Either can I, and I haven't been bombed...

Anyway yours is a sad history, even though you were young.