1. Originally posted by Vasult[..]

So It's audio recording...

Yep.
  2. Originally posted by yeahOne could argue whether or not IEM recordings are ethically acceptable...
    What?! Are they ethically "forbidden"?
  3. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]What?! Are they ethically "forbidden"?

Well, I don't wanna start a discussion about that. Everyone has their own opinion on the matter anyway. I just wanted to point out that some people consider taping IEMs as "classless and completely unacceptable" (especially in cases where the band allows audio taping). For them you go over the line if you tape possible private conversations.
  4. Originally posted by yeahWell, I don't wanna start a discussion about that. Everyone has their own opinion on the matter anyway. I just wanted to point out that some people consider taping IEMs as "classless and completely unacceptable" (especially in cases where the band allows audio taping). For them you go over the line if you tape possible private conversations.
    Interesting point of view. In that case, I have to agree... It's a bit claseless, but I don't think it's inacceptable. U2 have always allowed audo taping, so they should know that some fans take their FM signal... I don't think Edge and Larry begin to talk about their private lifes on the stage...
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong[..] U2 have always allowed audo taping, so they should know that some fans take their FM signal...

That's debatable, too. They have said privately that they are okay with bootlegs. But there are no taper's sections or anything like that at U2 concerts. Other bands have that. Also you still can get thrown out of the venue if you're caught taping. It's like a silent agreement imho. Also there is a difference between taping with a mic and scanning an IEM channel.

Originally posted by LikeASong
    I don't think Edge and Larry begin to talk about their private lifes on the stage...

Of course they're not discussing their lifes on stage but still the conversation is private. It's not meant to be heard by the audience.

Damn, I said I didn't wanna start a discussion.
  6. Originally posted by yeahBut there are no taper's sections or anything like that at U2 concerts. Other bands have that. Also you still can get thrown out of the venue if you're caught taping.
    Wow!! Amazin!! i didn't know, I never had heard about it... Which bands, if you're pleased to tell me?

And about the Caught People, it depends on the event manager/promoter, which is not affiliated with U2.
    Theorically, if you're caught making photos you should be thrown out, also... But it never happens.

Last, that's not any discussion, we're talking quietly...
  7. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]Wow!! Amazin!! i didn't know, I never had heard about it... Which bands, if you're pleased to tell me?

From the top of my head I can only think of the Dave Matthew's Band
    Taping

Dave Matthews Band allows audiotaping at almost every live performance. We feel that each show is unique and want to offer our fans the opportunity to recreate the live experience through the audio reproduction of our shows. At all taping authorized performances, tapers can tape from any ticketed seating location in the venue. Also, for many of these performances tapers are able to purchase tickets for a specially designated taper section, normally located immediately behind the soundboard. No soundboard or power feeds are provided.

Taping is limited to audio-only, using only microphones. Wireless receivers are strictly prohibited. We sincerely appreciate all of our fans, so we ask that you please be considerate of those around you by not obstructing anyone else's view of the performance.

When taper tickets are available for a particular show, they are released concurrently with general seating tickets. To obtain designated taper tickets, contact the venue's box office.

All recordings must be used for personal use or trading only. Selling or commercializing any recording is illegal and will jeopardize taping privileges for everyone. Please read our Bootleg Statement for more information.

In addition to helping fans recreate the live experience, we hope tape trading will foster greater interaction within the fan community. Any method of trading that does not involve personal fan interaction defeats the spirit of this goal of the taping policy and is not authorized. In particular, posting audio or video files on web sites for streaming to or downloading by the public, is not authorized.

Audio Video

All audio and video performances belong to the Dave Matthews Band and are not available for promotional use without the explicit prior written consent of the Dave Matthews Band. Please read our Bootleg Statement for more information.

But there are others, google might help here.

Originally posted by LikeASong
    And about the Caught People, it depends on the event manager/promoter, which is not affiliated with U2.
    Theorically, if you're caught making photos you should be thrown out, also... But it never happens.

Yes and no. If the band allowed open taping I could go into a U2 show with my mic stands and all my equipment but since they don't do it I'll be out if I get caught. Usually the venue has the final word on whether taping is allowed or not. But I think U2 are important enough to have a word in there, too.
  8. all hail the Dave Matthews Band
  9. Originally posted by yeahYes and no. If the band allowed open taping I could go into a U2 show with my mic stands and all my equipment but since they don't do it I'll be out if I get caught. Usually the venue has the final word on whether taping is allowed or not. But I think U2 are important enough to have a word in there, too.
    Alright. I can't help agreeing with you and your info...
    Originally posted by germcevoyall hail the Dave Matthews Band
    Absolutely.
  10. Thanx for the discussion guys, but I was looking for some video shoot from the Popmart in Prague
  11. Originally posted by VasultThanx for the discussion guys, but I was looking for some video shoot from the Popmart in Prague

And you got an answer.

Sorry for hijacking the thread.
    I think that this site isn't the ideal place to find something rather rare. I'd try the forum I quoted on the first site (those people should have the Pro-shot songs) or places where more tapers/traders are around like interference, U2torrents or thetradesden.org
  12. U2 dont share any personal conversation on their IEM signal in concert. So the old DMB taper argument about that is moot with U2. Its simply a signal or audio wav of their concert. Really isnt that much different than intercepting sound waves from the PA stack with a mic.

The reason DMB hates it is because they do talk to each other in concert and sometimes say nasty things about their audience and have some raunchy conversations. Nice.

I dont want to get into this debate though because honestly I dont care either way. Stealth recording is stealth recording. If a band doesnt permit taping and no personal convos are taking place then its no different ethically than doing it with a mic.

OH, and to the person that said they have Prague 97, care to provide a sample of anything other than the beginning of Mofo that shows its the Prague show from 97? I'm just going to go on a hunch here that you cant. But feel free to prove me wrong.