1. "Ace in the Hole" (1951)
  2. Been watching a bunch lately...

The Master - thought this was boring as all get-out, and I love Paul Thomas Anderson. Can't wait for Inherent Vice next weekend.

Rounders - Have seen it before, enjoyed it again. Writing is "eh" but the story is fun.

Holy Rollers - Documentary about a team of card-counters that live off of blackjack money. The catch? Their Christianity plays a huge role in their unity.

Step Brothers - Always hilarious.
  3. I have to agree with you on The Master, Matt. I absolutely love There Will Be Blood (in my top 10) and I liked his previous movies, like Boogie Nights, Magnolia, even Punch Drunk Love to some extent (although miles away from TWBB), but Master was a disappointment. I get that it is a character movie, but neither the dialogue or the scenes make me care about F. Quell or L. Dodd (I don't care if they're as***, but I want to see something interesting in their personalities). We had a bunch of disconnected scenes, beautifully shot but they left me cold. Also, J. Greenwood recycled his music from TWBB, which was annoying, as much as I loved it in the original film.
  4. Watched too many lately actually

- The Hobbit (Battle of the five armies) - Lame. The 2nd film is a whole buildup to defeating Smaug and he gets killed in 5min... + the ending : Eagles. Again. Really ?

- The Hunger Games (Mockingjay Part I) - Basically a buildup to Part II. Nothing special happens.

- Snowpiercer - Interesting and kinda weird sometimes. About survivors on a train with different social classes.

- Moon - Above average film about 1 guy working on the moon to harvest He3.

- Interstellar - Fucking great. Best movie I saw last year. Especially because scientists are gonna write papers based on the movie instead of the other way round. How cool is that ?

- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Michael Bay, you've ruined it.

- Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - Pretty impressive I must say.

- Lucy - Expected much, got little.

- The Smurfs (don't ask me why) - Actually enjoyed it.
  5. Mean Girls
  6. Hunger Games - Mockingjay Part 1. It's actually pretty entertaining.
  7. Hobbit 3
    Hunger Games 2 (wasn't impressed much by first movie, but this second was prety good. Now I'm gonna watch that third one)
    Loners (great czech comedy from 2000)
    Willow (nice fantasy from 80's)
  8. Took my 8 year old son to "the Penguins of Madagascar" yesterday. He found it pretty scary...
    The popcorn was nice though...
  9. The Guest - entertaining but ultimately a little shallow
  10. Meh, about the Hunger Games : another example of a franchise that became too popular (read : $$$) so they cut the last movie in a boring first and a good last (Harry Potter, The Hobbit).
  11. Originally posted by BelgianBono:Meh, about the Hunger Games : another example of a franchise that became too popular (read : $$$) so they cut the last movie in a boring first and a good last (Harry Potter, The Hobbit).
    I can't speak for the Harry Potter series since I didn't read the last book, but I actually thought the way they split the Hunger Games actually made sense. The book itself lends itself to be split where it was with a more plot heavy first half and an action heavy second half.

I'm still confused as to how The Hobbit was split into three movies because that book doesn't have enough content for that to work.
  12. Originally posted by ahn1991:[..]

I'm still confused as to how The Hobbit was split into three movies because that book doesn't have enough content for that to work.

They could because cinema seem to be bussiness that s how ( and why)