1. Asking for official material is illegal at these forums.
  2. Originally posted by drewhiggins:[..]

I can't find those anywhere. I have the Three EP as an MP3 set but that's about it.

I couldn't even find Unreleased and Rare or Early Demos on the iTunes store, I think maybe that was a limited edition offer?

Wasn't it part of 'The Complete U2 boxset?'
  3. These rarities included in “The Complete U2” were marked as “album only” when the set went on sale. Thus you had to buy the entire set to get these rare tracks. An error in the launch of the set in the Canadian iTunes store left these songs available for individual purchase for the first three days the set was available on that store. The album was initially released in 2004 at 128kbs quality and as of December 20, 2007 was removed from the iTunes store and is no longer available to purchase. However in May 2009, when the iTunes Plus upgrades were made available, users who had previously purchased “The Complete U2” could upgrade the quality to 256kbs quality, but it still remains unavailable for new purchases.

From u2songs.com

The only way you can really get the *unreleased* songs now is by - finding it by some miracle - OR - getting a copy somewhere of 'Medium, Rare And Remastered'. I'd recommend it just for Levitate.

The ones you won't get on MR&R are:

12. Numb (Radio Edit)
    13. Bass Trap" (Edit)
    14. Night And Day (Twilight Remix)
    15. Numb (Gimme Some More Dignity Mix Edit)
    16. Salomé (Zooromancer Remix)
    17. Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
    18. Stateless

Get yourself 1990-2000 and 1980-1990 + B-Sides for each set and a copy of the Million Dollar Hotel, then you'll have them all. If only U2 would do a massive box set featuring every B-side available and outtake. Then none of this would matter.
  4. Originally posted by drewhiggins:[..]
    Get yourself 1990-2000 and 1980-1990 + B-Sides for each set and a copy of the Million Dollar Hotel, then you'll have them all. If only U2 would do a massive box set featuring every B-side available and outtake. Then none of this would matter.

As far as I know, "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) was not released on any of these. The only way to get it (officially) is either on the original Christmas compilation released during the 1980s, or on Unreleased & Rare (which of course is no longer for sale).

Matty
  5. WINTER
    NORTH STAR
    THE RETURN OF ....
    SOON
    and i think there are for sure more songs from NLOTH that we all never heard, it was an uncomplete album, the idea was a concept album since the morocco sessions and the film linear, Imo
  6. Originally posted by bazzzz:WINTER
    NORTH STAR
    THE RETURN OF ....
    SOON
    and i think there are for sure more songs from NLOTH that we all never heard, it was an uncomplete album, the idea was a concept album since the morocco sessions and the film linear, Imo
    The two versions of Winter are nice, but The "Star Trek" theme sounded Opera vocal at the end makes me laugh, so I always edit it out. Soon should have been on NLOTH, followed by Breathe like the concert...but oh well.
  7. Originally posted by bazzzz:WINTER
    NORTH STAR
    THE RETURN OF ....
    SOON
    Just to make sure:

The topic is not about any song that hasn't been released or that it's rare.
    The thread is about THE compilation named "Unreleased And Rare"

None of those songs are in this compilation.
  8. Xanax and wine
    Love you Like mad
    Levitate.
    All from HTDAAB sessions right?

Easy to find i think.i had all these tracks from an old italian fan club that used to sell cds with bootlegs and other stuff...

Jesus Christ is from an album with other artists Like Mellencamp.ther's even a 7" very rare....

Zooromancer remix comes from Melon
  9. Jesus Christ is a Woody Guthrie tune from A Vision Shared released in 1988. U2 recorded it at Sun Studios at the time of Angel of Harlem etc. There's a great movie that goes with the compilation.

Baby Please Come Home was recorded at a soundcheck at Celtic Park in Glasgow in August 1987. It's on the first A Very Special Christmas, another brilliant compilation. There's also a video by Phil Joanou.
  10. Originally posted by Fly40:Xanax and wine
    Love you Like mad
    Levitate.
    All from HTDAAB sessions right?

Easy to find i think.i had all these tracks from an old italian fan club that used to sell cds with bootlegs and other stuff...

Jesus Christ is from an album with other artists Like Mellencamp.ther's even a 7" very rare....

Zooromancer remix comes from Melon
    Zooromancer remix comes from Whos Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses single cd2...
  11. forgive me
  12. From the Ltd ed cd with postcards of Who's gonna ride
    But also appears on Melon