1. in 1997 the popmart concert in rotterdam on 18 july the show started at 9.30pm
    at that time it was dark enough for the show .
    i can only remember that i once leaved earlier in nijmegen (1993) when bono was started to sing
    can't help falling in love because we had a bus to catch ......
    but when i was at the exit of the Goffert park the song was already over ....
    so i didn't miss the end of the show ......
  2. Originally posted by gmcBono's signature ? Extreme right I'd say.....

Bono Vox..or somethin'..think your right.
  3. Remy brings up a good point about if you end early, people will stay to the end.

That being said, I live across the street from a church and I have to hear the bells EVERY DAY. At one point it was annoying, but I learned to deal with it, and I don't even notice anymore.

If you CHOOSE to live near a train track, you WILL hear the train late at night. That's how it goes. You learn to deal with it.

If YOU CHOOSE to live near a football stadium, wait a minute... the government tells you to go on in daylight so the poor people will not have to hear such noise? Oh my dear Lord, what damage that would do!

I saw U2 in PopMart 1997-06-03 just about summertime in New Jersey and they did not go on before 2145 (9:45 PM), probably more like 2215 (10:15 PM) and it was a full 2-hour show. Having darkness for the start of Pop Muzik / Mofo was absolutely necessary.

Just to compare, the Vertigo Tour in NYC (indoors however) started at 2100 (9 PM ) ON THE DOT.

4. Originally posted by u2met86Remy brings up a good point about if you end early, people will stay to the end.

That being said, I live across the street from a church and I have to hear the bells EVERY DAY. At one point it was annoying, but I learned to deal with it, and I don't even notice anymore.

If you CHOOSE to live near a train track, you WILL hear the train late at night. That's how it goes. You learn to deal with it.

If YOU CHOOSE to live near a football stadium, wait a minute... the government tells you to go on in daylight so the poor people will not have to hear such noise? Oh my dear Lord, what damage that would do!

I saw U2 in PopMart 1997-06-03 just about summertime in New Jersey and they did not go on before 2145 (9:45 PM), probably more like 2215 (10:15 PM) and it was a full 2-hour show. Having darkness for the start of Pop Muzik / Mofo was absolutely necessary.

Just to compare, the Vertigo Tour in NYC (indoors however) started at 2100 (9 PM ) ON THE DOT.

You're totally right but you must know a lot of members of European governments are total idiots
    And yes, then i'm also talking about Belgium (maybe not in this situation)
    A lot of decissions they make are totally unintelligible...