1. Which side is Bono and U2 on? In 2018, Bono said that Putin was a despot. Then why does he hug Putin in 2001 ? After that, U2 sided with Selensky, then why did Bono embrace Putin in 2001?

2. Is this really a question? You cite something from one year, and another thing from SEVENTEEN years later. This is kinda ridiculous.
  3. Originally posted by felix2:Which side is Bono and U2 on? In 2018, Bono said that Putin was a despot. Then why does he hug Putin in 2001 ? After that, U2 sided with Selensky, then why did Bono embrace Putin in 2001?

[YouTube Video]
    Jesus Christ man why are you even posting this bollox ?. For what it is worth Bono is on record as saying he had to deal with people he didn't like ( but who were / are the power leaders ) to get his objectives through.
  4. do as I say, not as I do !
  5. Originally posted by badirishcharlie:[..]
    Jesus Christ man why are you even posting this bollox ?. For what it is worth Bono is on record as saying he had to deal with people he didn't like ( but who were / are the power leaders ) to get his objectives through.
    This! @felix2 for someone who follows U2 and posts often enough here, assuming you read or heard Bono has mentioned as recently as his Surrender book that he believes if he can find some type of common ground as a starting point to then negotiate with political adversaries to at least have them see your viewpoint, then you do meet with those who oppose you. That, and Putin has certainly compounded his tyrant tendencies by many factors in the now 2 decades since.
  6. Lol. Think.
  7. I think he's for being against him.
  8. Bono likes Poutine. Putin not so much.
  9. Originally posted by badirishcharlie:[..]
    Yeah, the list of people whom he completely 'shuts out' seems rather small... The only person whom I can think of off the top of my head is DJT...

This whole thread's creation is such a troll.
  10. Originally posted by felix2:Which side is Bono and U2 on? In 2018, Bono said that Putin was a despot. Then why does he hug Putin in 2001 ? After that, U2 sided with Selensky, then why did Bono embrace Putin in 2001?

[YouTube Video]
    Because Bono doesn't have a time machine (yet). Bono is ultra political savvy and doesn't concern himself with the opinions of his band ot fans to reach a goal. He has done this in the past.

Second, I'm fairly certain this footage is from the G8 Gleneagles summit in July 2005 around the time of Live8.

He also has gone on at length about how partisan politics is destructive especially in the USA.