1. This is awesome! Congrats!
  2. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:After a year of delays in publishing, happy to be able to share that I've written a book in the Song By Song series about U2. It is being published by Fonthill Media, a UK publishing group:

https://www.fonthill.media/collections/song-by-song

The book is called "U2: Song by Song" - it's available via Amazon now in most countries as well, as well as through local book shops etc. Currently they list a June release, however, I'm told it will likely be earlier than that.

[..]

For those who are familiar with the discography / video sections of U2Songs, you'll recognize the type of information here, this time broken down for each song U2 have produced. The chapters are broken up by album, with an individual section for each song on the albums, and a section at the end for other releases during that time. At the end is a discography and list of solo projects.

The book was written in 2021. Was originally planned for a release last March, but paper shortages and prices caused a number of delays. It includes over 300 quotes from U2 and their collaborators talking about their songs...did a deep dive to try to dig out some older interviews...

Excited that this one is finally coming out.

[image]

i'm sure that it'll be a great work, hope you got what you deseve, that is the best for you
  3. Can't wait to read that one
  4. Isn't the U2.Com gift a book about the song's aswell?they won't like the competition
  5. The team at U2.com have known about my book for close to two years. They've asked for copies when it is out. I don't think there's any issue. (And this year's subscriber gift is a lyric book, very different from what I've done.)
  6. Will definitely have to add this one to my collection and expect it will be be thoroughly well written given your work on the website.
  7. Congratulations on it being published,looks fantastic.I’d be interested in a signed copy.
  8. Originally posted by SJKamal:Can't wait for this to upstage the 23/24 U2.com gift. I'll be picking up a copy.

Are there any new or exclusive quotes/interviews?

Although.... "touring the world with the same line-up since the 1970s" 👀

Yes. Sphere dates are not a tour.
  9. Thanks for the kind words all.

I was initially approached to write the book in early 2021, and turned in the final draft on December 31, 2021. At the time, the plan was to have the book out for the Fall of 2022...and then it slipped due to paper prices, paper shortage, and difficulty getting printing press times in the UK. First to March 2023, and then to last summer, and finally to the new date. (Early 2024, should be printed in February.)

The description on the back was written at that time. But last August I was able to slip in a brief mention of Atomic City, although the publisher was reluctant to put in mention of a song that hadn't been released or even mentioned by the band.

For those familiar with the discography at U2Songs you can figure out some of the ground we'll cover. Collaborators, chart positions, awards won by each song, but I've also tried to dig out quotes by the band or close collaborators about each song and where they came from, and take a look at where the songs have ended up since they've been released. Were they a hit? Were they used in ads? Any notable covers? Any celebrities that call a song a favourite?
  10. Looks really nice! Hopefully it will also be sold in Dutch bookstores since the shipping costs are a little high.

Aaaaah, I just saw it can be bought on Amazon.nl with no shipping costs. NICE! Pre-ordered mine. Delivery date beginning of April.
  11. Originally posted by wgjvvenrooij:Looks really nice! Hopefully it will also be sold in Dutch bookstores since the shipping costs are a little high.

Aaaaah, I just saw it can be bought on Amazon.nl with no shipping costs. NICE! Pre-ordered mine. Delivery date beginning of April.
    Yeah. The delivery dates may shift. I'm being told that the printing should happen next month, so there's a hope it may be moved ahead. But still seeing April - June in many places.

And yes, the book is available worldwide, including local booksellers, should anyone want to shop local and skip shipping altogether.
  12. Nice work !! Will definitely be getting a copy!