2023-12-16 - Las Vegas
Tour: U2:UV Achtung Baby at the Sphere
Songs played: 23
Audio recordings: 1
  1. Still a bit surprised no Xmas tonight. Angel of Harlem and Desire are so boring
  2. again one of those nights where bono has been consuming too much alcohol before the show .. notting wrong with celebrating going home, but ffs you are supposed to deliver and he did not ... he went for easy ways out and made mistakes that were pretty much "strange" after being "warmed up and doing show nr 25 in the SAME place" ...

the choice for the standard set was lame, the audience was way worse than friday, especially on the floor ...

also the sound was way softer than friday (where it was one of thos days where I got home with a little ring in my ear) and the volume did not help blocking out the talking ... loads of people who did not seem to care and were more obsessed ventimng their opinions during the show .. at least there was no fanatic puking although there was a bitchfight on edges side ... a proper one

it was fun to hear Bram start talking dutch ... and he got a roaring applause which was welcomed by a huge smle from especially adam ...

wham bam .. thank you mam I have enjoyed these shows very very much and feel gratefull for the new audio tech and the way smasher has taught his son to add to our feat for the eyes ... he could do with some better timing here and there but hey ... the guy is only 20

wishing you all happy holidays and great shows in spring time .. I will be somehwere in asia I hope ... no more vegas for me ... this was plenty for me
  3. I thought they’d reach phone it in status long before now.
  4. You'd think there would have been something extra for the last show before the break.. ah well, even the basic AB and RandH setlist made the show I saw worthwhile for me
  5. Originally posted by toysfornoise:again one of those nights where bono has been consuming too much alcohol before the show .. notting wrong with celebrating going home, but ffs you are supposed to deliver and he did not ... he went for easy ways out and made mistakes that were pretty much "strange" after being "warmed up and doing show nr 25 in the SAME place" ...

the choice for the standard set was lame, the audience was way worse than friday, especially on the floor ...

also the sound was way softer than friday (where it was one of thos days where I got home with a little ring in my ear) and the volume did not help blocking out the talking ... loads of people who did not seem to care and were more obsessed ventimng their opinions during the show .. at least there was no fanatic puking although there was a bitchfight on edges side ... a proper one

it was fun to hear Bram start talking dutch ... and he got a roaring applause which was welcomed by a huge smle from especially adam ...

wham bam .. thank you mam I have enjoyed these shows very very much and feel gratefull for the new audio tech and the way smasher has taught his son to add to our feat for the eyes ... he could do with some better timing here and there but hey ... the guy is only 20

wishing you all happy holidays and great shows in spring time .. I will be somehwere in asia I hope ... no more vegas for me ... this was plenty for me
    Plemty of people would love a ticket to these shows...
  6. That doesn't necessarily mean that it deserves universal praise.
  7. does Bono drink before he goes on stage , i always thought he seems very sober
  8. He's maybe taking the reprise of Zoo-TV too seriously. Was it Stockholm or Rotterdam where he was quite tipsy.
  9. think that was Adam . For 2 years
  10. Bono definitely performed drunk on ZooTV. Never prohibitively sloppy. It's been harder to tell since, but I would not be surprised if he'd done at least one show of the next few tours with a nice buzz.

He seems to have started taking much better care of himself since 2015 so I'd be a little surprised if he was doing it regularly.
  11. Sometime within the past 3 shows or so, Bono stopped between songs and said he needed to take a drink and then made it clear to the audience that it was just water.