2023-12-02 - Las Vegas
Tour: U2:UV Achtung Baby at the Sphere
Songs played: 23
Audio recordings: 0
  1. I haven't seen anyone comment on this but there was a point during The Fly where I swear Edge went off-air for quite a few seconds. Nothing on stage suggested there was an issue but where I was we weren't getting any guitar sound. Could that be because of the reported ability to project differently throughout the venue. Honestly, I wasn't drunk or jet-lagged
  2. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:I haven't seen anyone comment on this but there was a point during The Fly where I swear Edge went off-air for quite a few seconds. Nothing on stage suggested there was an issue but where I was we weren't getting any guitar sound. Could that be because of the reported ability to project differently throughout the venue. Honestly, I wasn't drunk or jet-lagged
    I didn’t see the show in GA, but in every video from the floor I’ve seen the guitar goes out for the second half of The Fly solo. You can faintly hear it, but it sounds far away and delayed by quite a bit. This wasn’t my experience in the 300s, but it seems to be for everyone down on the ground.
  3. And it didn’t just cut out last night, it looks like it’s been that way for every show of the residency.
  4. Originally posted by _Zoo_Station_:[..]
    I didn’t see the show in GA, but in every video from the floor I’ve seen the guitar goes out for the second half of The Fly solo. You can faintly hear it, but it sounds far away and delayed by quite a bit. This wasn’t my experience in the 300s, but it seems to be for everyone down on the ground.
    I think what you’re hearing is every person pointing their cameras at the ceiling during that part and the audio changes because the mix is facing a different direction lol that’s what I’ve seen on most videos
  5. Originally posted by justinpushplay:[..]
    I think what you’re hearing is every person pointing their cameras at the ceiling during that part and the audio changes because the mix is facing a different direction lol that’s what I’ve seen on most videos
    You can see him step on a pedal around 2:50 in this video from 10/27 that changes the guitar sound quite a bit:

He also does it in this one from 10/11 (a little less noticeably) about three minutes in, at the same part of the song:

I thought it was just people turning their cameras too at first, or the guitar cutting out, but it looks like it’s intentional.
  6. I've read that Anton Corbijn was taking photos of the band last night. I don't recall seeing him; just a younger guy. After scrubbing through a YT channel full of footage from the center rail, I could not find Anton-- only the young looking dude. There's also a tweet with the back of a head.

Does someone have a photo of him actually at the show last night?

Also, is there a timestamp for when he was at Zoo Station?
  7. Originally posted by SlightedRadio91:I've read that Anton Corbijn was taking photos of the band last night. I don't recall seeing him; just a younger guy. After scrubbing through a YT channel full of footage from the center rail, I could not find Anton-- only the young looking dude. There's also a tweet with the back of a head.

Does someone have a photo of him actually at the show last night?

Also, is there a timestamp for when he was at Zoo Station?
    Maybe he was just there with DM.

The younger guy is Bono's nephew as far as I know.
  8. Originally posted by _Zoo_Station_:[..]
    You can see him step on a pedal around 2:50 in this video from 10/27 that changes the guitar sound quite a bit:
    [YouTube Video]

He also does it in this one from 10/11 (a little less noticeably) about three minutes in, at the same part of the song:
    [YouTube Video]

I thought it was just people turning their cameras too at first, or the guitar cutting out, but it looks like it’s intentional.
    At least from where we were (mid 300s) when we saw the show in October, that exact point in the solo seemed to be coming from pretty hard to the left, as opposed to relatively centered like the rest of the show
  9. Was wondering how the dog videos could work for precious , great song BTW

10. Sounds like “I could’ve lost you” is different. Is edge singing along now or was an effect added to Bono’s vocal. Either way it sounds f’ing fantastic. 1 minute mark…

11. It seemed like a pre-recorded track was being played at the same time he sang it live.