2023-10-25 - Las Vegas
Tour: U2:UV Achtung Baby at the Sphere
Songs played: 24
Audio recordings: 2
  1. Let's see what she sounds like 40 + years into her career after playing thousands of gigs that pushed her vocal chords to the max on a nightly basis.
  2. i had doubts about it in the previous shows, but in yesterday's videos, it is very clear that Edge is playbacking the piano...in all i want is you, it was obvious..i think that the only purpose of the piano is decoration..
  3. Originally posted by crazy333:i had doubts about it in the previous shows, but in yesterday's videos, it is very clear that Edge is playbacking the piano...in all i want is you, it was obvious..i think that the only purpose of the piano is decoration..
    Terry is also there for organ and piano. Also heard he loops the piano
  4. Edge loops the piano on AIWIY, imho
  5. Terry is the real hero. Too bad Bono never seems to thank him publicly anymore as he used to do in the old days. "Terry in the underworld!"
  6. Originally posted by Remy:[..]
    Terry is the real hero. Too bad Bono never seems to thank him publicly anymore as he used to do in the old days. "Terry in the underworld!"
    I just saw a video from one of the recent shows where he was pointing downwards the stage and saying (not too loud) it’s Terry or something like that
  7. Originally posted by crazy333:i had doubts about it in the previous shows, but in yesterday's videos, it is very clear that Edge is playbacking the piano...in all i want is you, it was obvious..i think that the only purpose of the piano is decoration..
    Regarding the looping - check out what you can achieve with that - we have an artist in Poland who occasionally plays Solo Acts - 1h30 minutes 1000% focus, it’s amazing what he does, I believe Edge is doing the same (though to lesser extent)

Here’s the pro shot of one song full loop mode
  8. Originally posted by popmarter:[..]
    Let's see what she sounds like 40 + years into her career after playing thousands of gigs that pushed her vocal chords to the max on a nightly basis.
    I don't see any obstacles for her to lose her voice in her 40s. Bono has a magnificent voice, he's a baritone, a very strong one at that, but Gaga surpasses Bono's voice by several orders of magnitude in octaves. If an artist takes care of their resonance, why not? Even Jagger still sounds true to his roots, although he might only be doing backing vocals alongside Gaga.
  9. One could summarize this All I want is you version as "... all we hear is, Ms lady Gaga, ms lady Gugu..."
    She has a powerfull voice, give her a break:
    Anyway, the raw power voice of Lovetown Bono or pre Lovetown Bono could match her, no doubt about it...
  10. I only half know 1 single song of Lady Gaga (I don't think I've heard "Poker Face" completely, but it appears on "Parks and Recreation", so that's all I know about her music).

I know the name, I know she's a singer, but I know nothing about her, I don't care about her at all.

However I was kinda excited that she was on the stage (again). I enjoyed her song and I loved the ISHF version with her, it reminded me to the R&H version with the backing chorus. I listened to All I Want is You until the next day, I didn't really like it, but meh, I don't really mind. I don't think she overstood her welcome.