2023-09-29 - Las Vegas
Tour: U2:UV Achtung Baby at the Sphere
Songs played: 23
Audio recordings: 2
  1. Originally posted by u2opra:I heard Bono is singing in a slightly higher key?

If true, I hope he lowers it.

I want him to sing comfortably and not strain. The less strained his voice is, the better it will be for keeping his voice less tired and thin as the show progresses.

I want him to do what he did in the Zoov Tv tour and master the lower register more and stop tying to hit every high note. Save the high notes for certain songs if you feel up to it, but don't wear your voice out trying to outdo yourself every tour. Master the lower register and bring back the falsetto if possible.

God, I miss that dreamy lower register baritone voice in UTEOTW from the Zoo Tv days.
    Everything is in the normal key, even better than the real thing is in its original key, and I think it was down in a half a step the last 20 years. But everything else seems to be played in the same key it had been. His voice was extremely strong at the beginning of the show yesterday, it started to get weaker by the end, but I think that’s just opening night wear and tear. I hope he doesn’t hold back, because his control and falsetto have been out of this world since his book tour.
  2. Proud of this
  3. I was at the show in the front of 100s section, in front of me seemed to be a VIP area with a few notable people. Neil Patric Harris was there with his husband, Brian Eno was there, and the kids of the band members were there too.
  4. When does he acknowledge Paul McCartney by name, in the set?
  5. 17.24

The Edge focused, prepared, professional. He didn't waste any move, coming back with his head held high. Adam, as a support group, arrives to rescue the isolated Bono. Fuck, you can feel it, feel that vibe, this is it!
  6. Great focus to keep it going and not panic.
  7. Originally posted by enoone:These aren't U2 shows. These are planetarium spectacles for old Vegas audiences and the show reflects the moment. You can't enjoy a sacred album when the band isn't even in the planetarium. Everything about it is fake and hollow. I cherish the ZOO TV shows I witnessed... this doesn't even come close to ounce of that magic.

+1
  8. Originally posted by enoone:These aren't U2 shows. These are planetarium spectacles for old Vegas audiences and the show reflects the moment. You can't enjoy a sacred album when the band isn't even in the planetarium. Everything about it is fake and hollow. I cherish the ZOO TV shows I witnessed... this doesn't even come close to ounce of that magic.

Hollow is a fair word. I can buy in to the technical marvel but it definitely feels like it is at the expense of the band on stage.
  9. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]

Hollow is a fair word. I can buy in to the technical marvel but it definitely feels like it is at the expense of the band on stage.
    The future of concerts.