Sometimes you can’t make it…
    If God will send….
    Two Hearts
    Electrical Storm
    All I want is you
    The little things
    Red hill mining town
    11 o’clock
    This is pretty close to mine. I’d put in Vertigo over 11 O’Clock, but that might be the only change I’d make. Pretty good list.
  2. At 40 songs and 2hr 46m this is a long album; but it's actually great that the band has given us so many choices to create our own single-CD version
  3. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:At 40 songs and 2hr 46m this is a long album; but it's actually great that the band has given us so many choices to create our own single-CD version
  4. In order as they appear on the record:

- 11 O'Clock Tick Tock
    - Ordinary Love
    - Invisible
    - Dirty Day
    - Vertigo
    - Electrical Storm
    - If God Will Send His Angels
    - Desire (this one makes it by only a narrow margin, I love the orchestration but the vocals are... something else)
    - Lights of Home
    - I Will Follow
    - Two Hearts Beat As One
    - The Little Things That Give You Away

I feel the later-period stuff especially benefits from the stripped-back arrangements. That being said, the only tracks that can truly hold a candle to the original versions here are probably IGWSHA, THBAO and TLTTGYA.
  5. Invisible
    Beautiful Day
    Vertigo
    Stuck
    Red Hill Mining Town
    Sometimes
    Lights Of Home
    City Of Blinding Lights
    Out Of Control
    The Fly
    All I want Is You
  6. Originally posted by Zooropean11:In order as they appear on the record:

- 11 O'Clock Tick Tock
    - Ordinary Love
    - Invisible
    - Dirty Day
    - Vertigo
    - Electrical Storm
    - If God Will Send His Angels
    - Desire (this one makes it by only a narrow margin, I love the orchestration but the vocals are... something else)
    - Lights of Home
    - I Will Follow
    - Two Hearts Beat As One
    - The Little Things That Give You Away

I feel the later-period stuff especially benefits from the stripped-back arrangements. That being said, the only tracks that can truly hold a candle to the original versions here are probably IGWSHA, THBAO and TLTTGYA.
    No SYCMIOYO?
  7. Originally posted by bonoschild:I don't particularly have a top list right now. It's the kind of collection that I could just put on and play. I do still have some favorites, but I don't really dislike any of the tracks at this point- even the Miracle with its odd chorus gets played if it comes on 🤣

Agreed that what I'm enjoying most about this album is just putting it on and letting it play, relaxing and enjoying the overall vibe of the collection.

That said, if I had to choose a top 12, it would be something like this:
    1. Invisible
    2. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
    3. If God Will Send His Angels
    4. Lights of Home
    5. City of Blinding Lights
    6. Bad
    7. Two Hearts Beat As One
    8. All I Want Is You
    9. The Miracle
    10. Out of Control
    11. Song For Someone
    12. 40
  8. Eh, I don't know. Even back in 2004 when HTDAAB was released and I first really got into U2 it wasn't one of my favourites, so maybe I haven't given it the attention it deserves.
  9. Still have a rotating list of favorites..but least two favorites are 11 O'Clock and Stories For Boys, by far
  10. The difference in personal tastes is what makes discussion on this forum so interesting. They're in my 12 and Stories For Boys tops that list.