1. Originally posted by LikeASong:I was speaking from memory but I've checked back the song after some time and there are actually two disctinctive solos that are interlaced.

If one listens with headphones, actually Edge is on the left channel doing Edge-ish stuff and Robbie is on the right doing un-Edge stuff. It's easy to identify.

The first part of the solo (04:07 to 04:25) is Robbie, followed by Edge that takes it from the same high A note (04:25 to 04:40), followed by Robbie (04:40 to 04:47), then Edge again (04:47 to 04:56) and then they finish together.
    That is perfectly put break up of who has done which part of solo..... Thanks, dear LikeASong.
  2. My pleasure! I should have checked it before saying it wasn't Edge, but the most striking parts of the solo are Robbie's and that's what I remembered the most haha. Glad to have cleared this up.

Maybe he's credited because he came up with some bass line or arrangement (Bono has very good melodic ideas), but probably it was recorded by Adam. Shared credits I guess
  3. Bono played Bass on People Get Ready in Modena in 1987,if I remember correctly.

Edit: In the showpage it says Edge played bass, so I might be wrong.
  4. Originally posted by Papo:[..]
    Bono played Bass on People Get Ready in Modena in 1987,if I remember correctly.

Edit: In the showpage it says Edge played bass, so I might be wrong.
    There's nothing Bono can't do
  5. That album was recorded during the time U2 was recording The Joshua Tree. Lots of airplay due to U2 - Rock's Hottest Ticket period in Oct 1987 when it was released. The Bodeans also played on it. Great album.
  6. So all four members of U2 have played BASS on a U2 recording?

Adam
    Edge - 40
    Bono - Testimony
    Larry - Zooropa
  7. The guitar at the opening to Sweet Fire of Love sounds like an early demo or outake of In God's Country.