1. My first post in years.. .(been coming to this site for years now, just to get the vibe amongst other fans) but i have to agree with the prevaling sentiment...this is really bad...i don't like this direction at all! Out of all the Pearls they could have given us, they give this crap. Disqusting clip for a timeless classic
  2. Ia Alana Oherlihy a relative to Joe?
  3. I don’t necessarily agree with the sentiment that the clip is disgusting or wrong, it’s hardly a taboo subject. I just find it a little on the nose for the song and think it’s an odd accompaniment to the song and it’s true meaning.
  4. Originally posted by iTim:I don’t necessarily agree with the sentiment that the clip is disgusting or wrong, it’s hardly a taboo subject. I just find it a little on the nose for the song and think it’s an odd accompaniment to the song and it’s true meaning.
    That’s exactly it. I’m not an over sensitive prude who isn’t able to handle subject matter around periods haha. And the clip itself isn’t disgusting at all.

What’s odd and kind of revolting is the juxtaposition between the song’s original/true meaning and this subject matter. It’s almost like something I could see being done on Saturday Night Live/as a joke. But this? It’s just kinda weird. This is the same band who almost didn’t want the song included on Rattle and Hum because they were afraid people watching wouldn’t understand how they felt about it.

It’d be like doing a video for Mothers of the Disappeared and showing Harry Potter using his invisibility cloak
  5. Originally posted by iTim:I don’t necessarily agree with the sentiment that the clip is disgusting or wrong, it’s hardly a taboo subject. I just find it a little on the nose for the song and think it’s an odd accompaniment to the song and it’s true meaning.
    This
  6. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]
    That’s exactly it. I’m not an over sensitive prude who isn’t able to handle subject matter around periods haha. And the clip itself isn’t disgusting at all.

What’s odd and kind of revolting is the juxtaposition between the song’s original/true meaning and this subject matter. It’s almost like something I could see being done on Saturday Night Live/as a joke. But this? It’s just kinda weird. This is the same band who almost didn’t want the song included on Rattle and Hum because they were afraid people watching wouldn’t understand how they felt about it.

It’d be like doing a video for Mothers of the Disappeared and showing Harry Potter using his invisibility cloak

Loving that last comparison although maybe that would have been a better video for invisible. Just as well Red flag day isn’t on there or they’d have no video left for that one. Honestly though that’s spot on with how I see it. Just seems like one big joke and in reality neither the issue in the video or the song itself are big jokes but that’s what pairing them has made them come across as. These videos are just terrible in general though when paired with the songs.
  7. Fun fact: The video "director" completely plagiarized the lipstick on the face bit from David Lynch (Wild At Heart). If you're going to be strange, at least be original.
  8. If they absolutely had to make the subject of the video, periods. Would it have been so hard not to have 10 seconds of the video be bloodied underwear? That's next-level on-the-nose.

I don't know, it just seems like the video is going more for shock value than art. If someone were to make a music video with the theme of being nauseous, would it really make sense to cut to scenes of vomiting?