1. What I don't like at all is the old, new cover of SOS. Even then, no great effort or thought was put into it. Yo take the photo and do something with it. Was there anything from U2 before. So boring too. What I also noticed is that the photo of The Edge is blurry. I think a little bit of Adam too. It feels like everything was kind of cobbled together. And even the cover isn't convincing either, next to the 40 acoustic songs.
  2. the weird thing is you have the 3 from the POP era on the SOS cover and Bono from 1984
  3. yeah nothing u2 does dosent make sense
  4. Comparing SOS to POP lines up perfectly: sub par music that is partnered with a rushed, over-hyped concert spectacle in Vegas that was a huge mistake. History repeating. Larry was wise to take the exit ramp.
  5. Originally posted by enoone:Comparing SOS to POP lines up perfectly: sub par music that is partnered with a rushed, over-hyped concert spectacle in Vegas that was a huge mistake. History repeating. Larry was wise to take the exit ramp.

This is grounds for a permanent ban!

Mods! Arrest this person!

(I love Pop )
  6. POP / POPMART was one of their career highlights
  7. POPMART Kansas City was the worst U2 show I have witnessed. The tour evolved into something better, but that night wasn't what I witnessed four years prior with ZOO TV. And the stadium was half empty. POP didn't connect. I respect the love and the band's attempt, but what I witnessed was more focus on spectacle than quality of music.
  8. Originally posted by enoone:POPMART Kansas City was the worst U2 show I have witnessed. The tour evolved into something better, but that night wasn't what I witnessed four years prior with ZOO TV. And the stadium was half empty. POP didn't connect. I respect the love and the band's attempt, but what I witnessed was more focus on spectacle than quality of music.
    Fair enough! As someone who didn’t become a fan until later, I only get to look at that era of the band through rose tinted glasses, so I appreciate your perspective.

Must’ve been a wild experience having seen them on ZooTV to then go into a lacklustre Popmart show.
  9. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]
    Fair enough! As someone who didn’t become a fan until later, I only get to look at that era of the band through rose tinted glasses, so I appreciate your perspective.

Must’ve been a wild experience having seen them on ZooTV to then go into a lacklustre Popmart show.
    It was really disheartening, actually. I was convinced the live show was going to rival ZOO TV and it was very clear the show wasn't rehearsed and they should have held back the tour until it was ready and tight. We were in the front row and the band's frustrations and panic were visible. That being said, it was a great set up for the Elevation Tour which was incredible.
  10. Originally posted by enoone:[..]
    It was really disheartening, actually. I was convinced the live show was going to rival ZOO TV and it was very clear the show wasn't rehearsed and they should have held back the tour until it was ready and tight. We were in the front row and the band's frustrations and panic were visible. That being said, it was a great set up for the Elevation Tour which was incredible.
    Haha this guy is so on,don't want to bash Pop or the tour but this is very true
  11. The 84 Bono is to tie in with Surrender I would have guessed,don't really get why the others are Pop era though.
    Surely up to date shots of the band for the cover,I've got a Zoo TV Glasgow cd and the cover art is Popmart,drives me crazy lol
  12. Originally posted by kezman:[..]
    The 84 Bono is to tie in with Surrender I would have guessed,don't really get why the others are Pop era though.
    Surely up to date shots of the band for the cover,I've got a Zoo TV Glasgow cd and the cover art is Popmart,drives me crazy lol
    Maybe it’s their favourite photos of themselves. Still strange that it’s 3 from one era. Quite the coincidence.