1. Thanks . Just the Green to go now, maybe next week ?
  2. I was told it will likely be the 17th. And there are likely other versions coming.
  3. Originally posted by pleasegone:[..]
    That does not go towards physical sales in the US unless there is a separate charge for the album. My guy Prince ruined that when his Musicology album got fake sales and there were tons of them left on the floor after shows

That change was made after the SOE release. The announcement that they would stop counting bundles with tickets unless someone opfs In happened in July 2020. The U2 album sent out that way did count towards charts.

https://www.vulture.com/2020/07/billboard-wont-count-albums-sold-in-merch-ticket-bundles.html
  4. ok cheers. This must be the most prolific album of theirs to date in terms of different versions
  5. Depends on what you are calling a different version. If you are looking at just minor changes such as catalog number and quality of print, colour of cassette, then in the past there were a lot more versions, as each country used to press their own. Songs of Experience had about 40 variations when you look at that sort of thing. The further you go back the more variations there are…

And some of those differences were bigger than others. The Joshua Tree for instance used three different cover photos depending on what format you bought. No Line had slip cases, bonus tracks, and some countries even had the flag worked into the cover.

They don’t do that anymore. Now everything is being made in one spot and shipped worldwide.
  6. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]
    Depends on what you are calling a different version. If you are looking at just minor changes such as catalog number and quality of print, colour of cassette, then in the past there were a lot more versions, as each country used to press their own. Songs of Experience had about 40 variations when you look at that sort of thing. The further you go back the more variations there are…

And some of those differences were bigger than others. The Joshua Tree for instance used three different cover photos depending on what format you bought. No Line had slip cases, bonus tracks, and some countries even had the flag worked into the cover.

They don’t do that anymore. Now everything is being made in one spot and shipped worldwide.
    Yeah i guess that's where the serious collectors start to stand out from the crowd with that level of collection detail/knowledge.
    I was referring to more obvious differences like colour vinyl or even AB30th where they did the 4 variations on the artwork
  7. tried to buy the Sirius version but wouldn't let me without US address .
    Hope they do a limited 1500 run for the UK
  8. Originally posted by Timk68:[..]
    Yeah i guess that's where the serious collectors start to stand out from the crowd with that level of collection detail/knowledge.
    I was referring to more obvious differences like colour vinyl or even AB30th where they did the 4 variations on the artwork
    I do get a kick out of the cassette colours being variants. Back in the day every country had very different looking cassettes.

Songs of Innocence was the first time they really played with multiple versions of vinyl with the Grammy release, then the white vinyl, then the RSD release. Although for most of the albums before that in the late-90s and 00s we were lucky to be getting any vinyl at all…