1. Under 500000.
  2. 12.
  3. 333
  4. Not many. Headlines will be “U2 RELEASE THEIR WORST SELLING ALBUM EVER!!!”
  5. Do they even release physical sale numbers nowadays?
  6. It’ll go top five on the album chart after release

With total sales and streaming numbers converter into sales:

110,000 first week
  7. 6.7 million worldwide.
  8. Number one album in the UK requires about 60,000 copies to sell in the first week of release. If they aren’t quite there expect to see all kinds of last minute variants to pop up.

Inhaler for instance the day of release suddenly released a shaped 10” record with a unique track, and to buy it in the UK? Had to buy two copies of the album on cassette…even though you probably didn’t want them. But got them two more sales. The last Inhaler album? The week of release you could buy a digital edition with live tracks of all the songs…

Many of the presales are via Universal / U2.Com so they know where they are sitting most likely, and how far they have to push to get #1.

So I’m guessing 60,001 in the UK. Hard to say what they will do elsewhere.
  9. in the UK: I reckon between 400 and 500 thousand
  10. You’ve got an extra 0 at the end of 40 and 50. If it reaches a million copies worldwide they’ll be doing very well.
  11. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:a shaped 10” record with a unique track, and to buy it in the UK? Had to buy two copies of the album on cassette…even though you probably didn’t want them. But got them two more sales.
    Hahaha that's the filthiest selling strategy I've ever seen
  12. Originally posted by theflytv:[..]
    You’ve got an extra 0 at the end of 40 and 50. If it reaches a million copies worldwide they’ll be doing very well.
    I stand by my prediction, I don't think I have placed extra zeros .