1. I forgot about the Desire Vegas connection. Lets not forget about I Still Haven't Found. Love is Bigger is great live but 'too close' to EI.
  2. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

# intermission: The O’Jays - For The Love Of Money #

06 - Zoo Station
    07 - Even Better Than The Real Thing
    08 - One / Can't Buy Me Love (snippet)
    09 - Until The End Of The World
    10 - Who's Gonna Pay Your Wild Horses
    11 - So Cruel
    12 - The Fly
    13 - Mysterious Ways
    14 - Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The Money
    15 - Ultraviolet
    16 - Acrobat
    17 - Love Is Blindness

# intermission: Patti Smith - Free Money #

18 - Where The Streets Have No Name / Take The Money (Steve Miller snippet)
    19 - Elevation / You Never Give Me Your Money (The Beatles snippet)
    20 - Vertigo / Moneytalk (AC/DC snippet)
    21 - With Or Without You / Money, That’s What I Want (The Flying Lizards snippet)
    22 - Desire [reprise] / Viva Las Vegas (snippet) / Money (Pink Floyd snippet)

outtro: ABBA - Money, Money, Money

Close, but I’m reliably informed that Larry has been afforded the privilege of choosing an intro track of the O’Jays: ‘Backstabbers’.
  3. Larry isn't going to be in Vegas because lets be honest, no one knows how to play 'So Cruel" on drums anyway.
  4. AB in full

Zooropa
    Stay
    Dirty Day
    Pride
    Where The Streets Have No Name

Encore-
    Hold me thrill me kiss me kill me
    Vertigo
    Desire
    Beautiful day
    With or without you
  5. Originally posted by marik:[..]
    JT in album order wasn't announced right out the gate. There was alot of wondering, and Edge initially stated they were looking at the diff options of how to present the setlist.

a few things;
    - I do think Your Song Saved My Life will definitely be played.
    - I think Desire Hollywood mix similiar to iHeart 2016 will be played.
    - same as JT30, the deep cuts slots we'll see will be the ones from album (Trying, So Cruel, Blindness). Not much hope for anything else. This is will be the most-casual audience, than any dedicated travelling tour.
    - that said, this venue is probably the best chance we ever have of seeing Mofo live again. fingers crossed.
    - I believe it will likely be album played in running order, to comply with chosen show title. The AB name will be all over the marquee and t-shirts. It's the selling point, and talking point. They need every causal- fan walking out to know without a shadow of a doubt that they did hear that album in full. It cannot be missed if it's 12 in a row. Whereas, if its songs scattered across a setlist, it requires more chin-scratching "hmmm, but did we hear this one? but did we hear that one?"
    -however, as a big fan, I'd PREFER they don't play it in order. I've heard that running order thousands of times over 30years. I'm much more interested in seeing a brand new creation of story/theme/narrative of a live show with brand new song transitions and sections that have never crossed my mind yet.

I said in full not album order
  6. I predicted they would use that as the opener back for JT17 back then, and while I was wrong then I could totally see them using it here.

It’ll be interesting to see if they follow the same format as JT17 - early history hits as a narrative building towards JT, then the album, and then a Greatest Hits-style encore - or if they’ll opt for a totally new format. I’m intrigued to see where they slot Streets in - using it to open the show or even the encore could steal the AB focus. Maybe as a closer? That could be really interesting.

I do agree that however else they rearrange things, AB will be played as a single chunk. I’d be happy to be wrong though.
  7. They could do a three four song 87 to 88 melody and then kick into AB. It could work.

"I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For"
    "Desire"
    "All I Want Is You"

AB

So is ZOOBABY or Cosmo going to be all growed up?
  8. They should play AB then the Passengers album in full, as thats what this is Passengers II
  9. 1. Where the Streets Have No Name
    2. I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For
    3. Desire
    4. - 15. AB
    -Encore 1
    16. Discotheque
    17. Beautiful Day
    18. Elevation
    19. With or Without You (SOS Version)
    -Encore 2
    20. City of Blinding Lights
    21. Vertigo
    22. Love is Bigger Than Anything in its Way
  10. shula Streets will steal the thunder. I really like the first three but this isn't JT87.
  11. I'd love if they could bring back the ZOO TV "Running To Stand Still--Where The Streets Have No Name" segue somewhere.
  12. They are gonna have McPhisto call LMJ during the encore aren't they? Or have a satellite link up with the hitman on a large screen?