1. Originally posted by salty72:[..]
    Yeah. Not possible for me to do taping and join the circles. I'll just enjoy what's been shared and be good with it. Have been for the past 30 years.
    Perfect! Lots of lovely stuff out there free
  2. Originally posted by salty72:[..]
    Yep. My first U2 show was Outside Broadcast Ames, IA.
    I've been lucky enough to obtain the first two songs from that night in pro shot. Oh to have the entire show.

I'm assuming you can't share it for legal reasons but that's really cool! How did you get your hands on it?
  3. Whoo man. I got it in a trade years ago. I'm talking before torrent sharing sites were a thing. I don't even remember what I traded to the other person for the Ames footage.
  4. Originally posted by salty72:[..]
    Whoo man. I got it in a trade years ago. I'm talking before torrent sharing sites were a thing. I don't even remember what I traded to the other person for the Ames footage.
    Honest question - what would happen if you were to share it now? Would some people get really mad? I have no idea what the traders culture is...

I've enjoyed the free stuff for over 30 years, so I'm in no position to rant, just curious.
  5. Originally posted by talksinmath:[..]
    Honest question - what would happen if you were to share it now? Would some people get really mad? I have no idea what the traders culture is...

I've enjoyed the free stuff for over 30 years, so I'm in no position to rant, just curious.
    I don't know what the repercussions would be. When I traded for the Ames footage, I didn't think the Ames pro-shot was rare. I discovered it because I saw it on the trader's list. And the trade didn't come with any stipulations. Stipulations such as, not to be publicly shared. However, I've never seen it on any torrent sharing sites.
  6. It's not up to me to decide, but I don't think it would be a problem to make a digital file and upload it.
  7. Originally posted by Papo:It's not up to me to decide, but I don't think it would be a problem to make a digital file and upload it.
    I think we all would love that but, as you said: not up to us.
  8. I agree. And it has been several years since I obtained the Ames partial pro shot. My concern is being blacklisted for sharing. Or starting drama I have no interest in being part of. The fact that I've never seen it made available on sharing sites or YouTube (like the Madison partial pro-shot) has me paranoid that it's not meant to be shared.
  9. https://u2torrents.com/t?id=6110

ZooTV Ames
    ZooTV Ames, Iowa
    11 September 1992

DVD incomplete
    Pro-Shot-snippet
    Running Time 14.45 min

NTSC

Setlist
    Intro
    George Bush Rap
    Zoo Station