1. ...a bit because they are visibly annoyed of playing them, a bit because we are bored to listen to them and we would prefer some and braver solutions (both new & old underestimated stuff), and even a bit - why not? - because maybe they begin to sound a little dated.

my list:

1) Pride
    2) Sunday Bloody Sunday
    3) One
    4) New Year's Day
    5) Bullet the Blue Sky
  2. Pride has been on fire the last couple tours, and they've barely played New Years Day. Other than that, I could agree.

Mine would be
    1) Elevation
    2) Elevation
    3) Elevation
    4) Elevation
    5) Elevation
    6) Elevation
    7) Elevation
    8) Elevation
    9) Elevation
    10) Elevation
    10000000) Elevation
  3. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:Pride has been on fire the last couple tours, and they've barely played New Years Day. Other than that, I could agree.

Mine would be
    1) Elevation
    2) Elevation
    3) Elevation
    4) Elevation
    5) Elevation
    6) Elevation
    7) Elevation
    8) Elevation
    9) Elevation
    10) Elevation
    10000000) Elevation
    Blasphemy... thee shall be banned

4. I throw in Bullet. And COBL.
  5. well Elevation, but None, that's what people go to shows for, to hear their fave songs..the other songs besides Bullet the Blue Sky, are staples. its like saying hey BJ, Don't play Livin On A Prayer, ect ect.
  6. Originally posted by u2_michaelc:well Elevation, but None, that's what people go to shows for, to hear their fave songs..the other songs besides Bullet the Blue Sky, are staples. its like saying hey BJ, Don't play Livin On A Prayer, ect ect.
    And this is a simple notion that so many here seem to forget. U2 aren't playing for the 10% of the audience shouting "PLAY ALEX DESCENDS INTO HELL FOR A BOTTLE OF MILK/KOROVA 1" - they're playing to the 90% who want to hear those big hits.

They'll still throw us 10% a bone sometimes, and I love em' for it (Your Blue Room on 360 was a great example).
  7. Well, the prob is the longer the back catalog of hits the more difficult it gets in putting together a 24 song setlist if they want to play new songs, some rare stuff and the greatest hits people expect to hear. I am not saying I don't want to hear their greatest hits, but it gets more and more difficult unless they want to end up in 3.5h shows like Bruce Springsteen does.
  8. Beautiful Day, Elevation, COBL, WOWY and One. Rotate them, makes it much more special to hear those songs and it will/might renew their energy. Look at Bullet and EBTTRT
  9. Originally posted by bartajax:Beautiful Day, Elevation, COBL, WOWY and One. Rotate them, makes it much more special to hear those songs and it will/might renew their energy. Look at Bullet and EBTTRT
    Yep... they don't need to play ALL hits...
  10. WOWY, ISHFWILF, and Elevation would be my choices. Elevation was fun the first two tours....now it just seems tired. And the other two are when I get up to go to the bathroom or get some food.
  11. I Will Follow
    Pride
    With Or Without You
    Angel Of Harlem
    One
    Mysterious Ways
    Stay (acoustic)
    Miss Sarajevo
    Staring At The Sun (acoustic)
    Beautiful Day
    Stuck
    Elevation