1. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]
    You're certainly not wrong. It'd be cool to see Songs of Ascent come out and still hearken back a bit to what NLOTH was trying to achieve too, because NLOTH is certainly the black sheep of its respective trilogy.
    War / R&H / Pop / NLOTH.....weren't they all the Black Sheep / heavier of the trilogies?
  2. Wow never realised that! About them being trilogies
  3. War wasn't black sheep, it was album that saved the career... if it wasn't succesful, they would probably call it a day...
  4. Mostly misunderstood albums - some even by the band

R&H could have been so much better with the b-sides instead of the live tracks
    Pop would have been so much better...but then it wasn't... (ok, I admid, it's mostly misunderstood by me: I only like side A + Wake Up Dead Man)
    NLOTH is mostly misunderstood because the track order should have been linear
    War is mostly misunderstood by people who didn't grow up with it...

Good analysis of the trilogies
  5. Is it possible that the "musical surprise" coming from U2.com late this year is this album containing B-sides and remixes from the i+E sessions?
  6. Originally posted by musikedidiable:Is it possible that the "musical surprise" coming from U2.com late this year is this album containing B-sides and remixes from the i+E sessions?
    There's a surprise coming?
  7. I think it's very safe to say that sometime next year they could release a super deluxe edition featuring both SoI and SoE, that's why I think Ascent could be mainly B-sides and Remixes and released digitally for the fans this year and along this package phisically next year.

But hey, I'm just happy SoE is finally happening.
  8. Originally posted by musikedidiable:I think it's very safe to say that sometime next year they could release a super deluxe edition featuring both SoI and SoE, that's why I think Ascent could be mainly B-sides and Remixes and released digitally for the fans this year and along this package phisically next year.

But hey, I'm just happy SoE is finally happening.
    There were meant to be new songs in the SoA. Let's see!