1. to me rocking means heavy guitars. So AB, Zooropa and Pop are more rocking than any latter album (except for a few songs)
  2. No, it isn't - sampling, drum loops, multiple producers are all things U2 were doing before the 2000s, because they did that stuff on Pop.
  3. Zooropa rocking??? That must be a joke. SOI and HTDAAB are more rocking.
  4. Some fans should just come clean and say "I want U2 to sound like the 90s".
  5. Same here, 80's please. By all these different types of U2's sound references maybe they dont have a sound. They just sound like whatever is popular. Pop has loops on it, but you can hear Larry's actual drums more clearly on that album then the last 3 albums. They are loud! BTW I dont think they will make SOA because this album is actually part SOA and SOE. An atmospheric album wouldnt fit after SOE (or Bono's solo album) because its very atmospheric.
  6. I will say one positive thing about SOE. The Little Things does sound like U2 especially full band version. That song is great, but that is the exception for me.
  7. Edge hands the guitar over “you do it then”
  8. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:Yeah not only is that an impossible argument to make for this band, but there are tons of moments on this album that totally have that U2 sound.

Not to mention we can’t request experimentation but also slag them for not sounding like themselves at the same time. That just doesn’t make any sense lol.

I stand by this album still 100%. Listened to it today in full again and still can’t believe how fantastic it is.

Fully agree, this is an awesome record.

As for everyone else: I refer to the recent interview with B and E on Dave Fanning. Bono: "There are a lot of people who have an opinion on what U2 should sound like, but they're not in the fucking band!"