1. Originally posted by LostSailor:I am a huge lurker here but something epic made me post.
    Been a fan for 35 years through thick and thin.
    GOOYOW is absolute trash; overproduced fluff.
    Its actually quite embarrassing.
    So sad right now

perfect i agree 100 %, fan since ever as Hype , holy rubbish, hope in next songs, they don't rock anymore, this song is zero like boots or miami
  2. Originally posted by bazzzz:[..]

perfect i agree 100 %, fan since ever as Hype , holy rubbish, hope in next songs, they don't rock anymore, this song is zero like boots or miami
    I agree, too. All I remember from the song is the chorus sang over and over again to drown out how similar this song is to Beautiful Day.

Is this a callback/tie-in like American Soul is supposed to be to Glastonbury or Volcano so it's cool and "how it's supposed to be", and it's not really like rehashing one of their biggest radio hits?
  3. That chorus is even shoved in there right at the beginning of the song. It's like the few seconds clip summary at the beginning of a trailer you're about to watch.

Then again I guess it makes sense as without the chorus at the beginning you could hear the Beautiful Day background melody more...
  4. love it
  5. true
  6. Straight 5 for me! It's so super catchy and I love it! The Taylor Swift-esque ahs is a tad cheesy and the voice processing in those ahs is a bit much. But the instrumentation, lyrics and Kendricks appearance more than make up for it.
  7. 3 stars
    GOOYOW sounds like ATYCLB era, reminds me of Always and Are You Gonna Wait Forever.
    in a way, it's truly a BD 2.0 but I doubt it will be as successful.
    anyone noticed that the intro keyboards/organ sounds like Streets intro? don't know if it's the same chord progression
  8. It's beautiful day part2 ! just a slightly different melody but the rest is just exactly the same. And that bridge.... Larry Larry Larry.... same drums on every bridge, pfff.
  9. Personally I love it, definitely worthy of a solid 4 for me, whilst it's not as rocky as your typical U2 song, and definitely borrows a little from the Coldplay sound of the last 10-15 years, some diversity is good, it's modern and fresh sounding which is quite refreshing after this extensive few years of retrospect with SoI and then TJT30.

Like others it does remind me of BD, just very slightly, it also reminds me a little of a more modern WoWY, only in how it sort of 'whispers its way into the world' as Bono would put it.

What is really interesting ,as some others are pointing out, is how this might translate live, with its laid back chorus line... I think we'll hear a much more rocking version of it next year. I'm excited for what's to come.
  10. Party Girl ranks pretty low for me. The Best Thing started at a 1 for me, but it might be a 2.5 now.
  11. I just heard all 4 songs ( except AS) in a car in a row.. very loud.. At first listen before every song was like 2of5, but now there are like 4of5, and when album comes and after 50 listens the finall judgment will come. For now it's very popy, sonic, good lyrics, good bas.. Although I like little more raw and more guitar U2, this is a fresh pop from them.. And little things are my fav.. So strong song just perfect