1. It really does sound like an ATYCLB outtake but I really like it
  2. After more than 'a few listens'...
    Originally posted by LikeASong:Ok, fuck it all. Imma abandon my cynicism and embrace GOOYOW in all its cheesiness, U2-cliche-ness and soft-rock-ness.

Feels great.

Probably my favorite of all the new songs we got so far.

As someone said in a previous post, «I don't want to like it», but what can you do. The pre-chorus (or is it the chorus?) of ''I can sing it to you all night, all night... I can help you but it's your fight, your fight'' is so Coldplayish that it's laughable, but that doesn't make it any less catchy and likeable.
  3. Originally posted by LikeASong:After more than 'a few listens'...
    [..]

Probably my favorite of all the new songs we got so far.

As someone said in a previous post, «I don't want to like it», but what can you do. The pre-chorus (or is it the chorus?) of ''I can sing it to you all night, all night... I can help you but it's your fight, your fight'' is so Coldplayish that it's laughable, but that doesn't make it any less catchy and likeable.
    i've been singing that all day haha
  4. What I don't understand is how you don't like this stuff when ATYCLB is your favourite U2 album. For me these new songs all sound like they could easily be on that album.

And I agree with Sergio, it has some Coldplay kinda vibe that makes me like it. But what I think will happen is that when I hear the song like 5 more times I'm sick of it. Like most Coldplay songs (after 2010)
  5. Originally posted by bartajax:[..]
    What I don't understand is how you don't like this stuff when ATYCLB is your favourite U2 album. For me these new songs all sound like they could easily be on that album.
    I like new songs except GOOYOW, but not a fan of ATYCLB
  6. Yeah it's based on my opinion of course haha. But for me these songs just all sound kinda mehh, they don't have anything that makes me wanna listen to them in say 5 years. But to be honest, I can't remember the last time I've listened to SOI and besides MOS to NLOTH.

Oh and those ''Ohohohohoh's'' WHY?????
  7. On reflection, two to three stars. And that feeling that, when Liam Gallagher says that U2 are no longer a rock band, he’s right.
  8. Originally posted by bartajax:[..]
    Yeah it's based on my opinion of course haha. But for me these songs just all sound kinda mehh, they don't have anything that makes me wanna listen to them in say 5 years. But to be honest, I can't remember the last time I've listened to SOI and besides MOS to NLOTH.

Oh and those ''Ohohohohoh's'' WHY?????
    I listen to SOI often and also sometimes half of NLOTH. But except for LAPOE and sometimes Vertigo, ABOY and Walk On, I don't listen to ATYCLB and HTDAAB...

And the ooohs especially on the beginning sound terrible
  9. Originally posted by JuJuman:On reflection, two to three stars. And that feeling that, when Liam Gallagher says that U2 are no longer a rock band, he’s right.
    Wonder if he's heard American Soul