1. Originally posted by deanallison:They don’t need to and shouldn’t get rid of the political themes in my opinion but they should let the songs and visuals speak for themselves, save time talking for more songs.
    Exactly! If you think they will do otherwise they wouldn’t be U2.
  2. Originally posted by 17s:[..]

I would like to see them get rid of all of the political bullshit they do and concentrate to the music. SoE is still my favourite album but I'm afraid they will alienate me from the tunes if they put too much politics in the songs. This is just a dream though they will never stop doing this.
    They've been political since 1983.... that is what a huge chunk of the career has been part of??
  3. Summer of Love and footage of Syria will be in there to replace Miss Sarajevo
    I hope Patti Smith isn't involved this time
  4. Originally posted by Timk68:Summer of Love and footage of Syria will be in there to replace Miss Sarajevo
    I hope Patti Smith isn't involved this time
    And replace "October" remember the screen in 2015. So sure they will play Summer of Love.
  5. They've already done the visuals so it's a no brainer
  6. Same with GOOYOW , no doubt a bit of Trump footage etc and into that one they go.
    This will not be a political lite tour unfortunately
  7. U2 have always been political. Always will be. That’s part of their make up
  8. Agree but they can be varying levels of political in a show ranging from 6 to 10
    This tour shaping to be a 10
  9. I wish someone would switch Bono's mic off inbetween songs. Instead of a 5 minute speech about how War is Bad (CLANG!) we could get a song. I know War, Racism, and being a twat are bad already!
  10. Totally agree Mark but we have to accept Bono for what he is
  11. Originally posted by 17s:Intro music, then as it ends, the lights go out
    Love Is All We Have Left (over PA)
    01. The Blackout
    02. Out Of Control
    03. Lights Of Home
    04. Vertigo
    05. You're The Best Thing About Me
    Bono talking
    06. Every Breaking Wave (full band)
    07. One
    08. The Fly
    09. Summer Of Love
    10. All I Want is You
    11. Landlady
    Intermission, the band goes out the catwalk
    12. American Soul
    13. Get Out Of Your Own Way
    B-stage
    14. Discothéque
    15. Beautiful Day
    16. No Line On The Horizon
    17. The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone)
    18. Staring At The Sun (acoustic)
    19. Stay (Faraway, So Close!) (acoustic)
    Back to main stage
    20. Hawkmoon 269
    Encore Break
    21. Where The Streets Have No Name
    22. The Little Things That Give You Away
    Encore Break
    23. City Of Blinding Lights
    24. Love Is Bigger Than Anything In Its Way

Hawkmoon 269 would be very Nice. Drop Vertigo and Out of Control and add Gone and A Day without me.
  12. U2 dropping Vertigo? It's only missed 10 shows since 2004.