1. Sergio I love your cover!
    And I seriously love this song, best on the album for me in the first listen.
    They NEED to play this one live, that guitar is just orgasmic. Lyrics are awesome, chorus so good.

Oh I love love this one
  2. I hear some Lana Del Rey in this song?
  3. Originally posted by LikeASong:I was recording a full-on, 2 guitars & darbouka & acoustic bass cover but then I stumbled upon some videos of the Aleppo gardener and decided to go minimalistic instead.

I hope you like it.

[YouTube Video]

4. -
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong:I was recording a full-on, 2 guitars & darbouka & acoustic bass cover but then I stumbled upon some videos of the Aleppo gardener and decided to go minimalistic instead.

I hope you like it.

[YouTube Video]

Love the change from "Not the one that everyone knows" to "Not the one you might think of" - even though it doesn't fully fit the rhyme
    Did not like the original line of "everyone knows" - makes it sound as if it is made for an exclusive audience. Most people in the middle east would not know what you're talking about if you say "west coast".
  6. Originally posted by Ali709:[..]

Love the change from "Not the one that everyone knows" to "Not the one you might think of" - even though it doesn't fully fit the rhyme
    Did not like the original line of "everyone knows" - makes it sound as if it is made for an exclusive audience. Most people in the middle east would not know what you're talking about if you say "west coast".
    Haha, thanks Nobody else noticed I think, but that's exactly what I was thinking when I changed it. I tried different lines and none of them fitted properly (not the one you might be thinking of had one extra syllable and sounded even worse!), but I thought it was important to include at least one instance of the modified chorus.
  7. Originally posted by LikeASong:I was recording a full-on, 2 guitars & darbouka & acoustic bass cover but then I stumbled upon some videos of the Aleppo gardener and decided to go minimalistic instead.

I hope you like it.

[YouTube Video]

Great cover, Sergio!
  8. Originally posted by LikeASong:I was recording a full-on, 2 guitars & darbouka & acoustic bass cover but then I stumbled upon some videos of the Aleppo gardener and decided to go minimalistic instead.

I hope you like it.

[YouTube Video]
    Well done that was very very good!
  9. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Haha, thanks Nobody else noticed I think, but that's exactly what I was thinking when I changed it. I tried different lines and none of them fitted properly (not the one you might be thinking of had one extra syllable and sounded even worse!), but I thought it was important to include at least one instance of the modified chorus.
    Good man