1. I'd love if stating that a song is "(one of) the best ever" or "(one of) the worst ever" was a banable offense...

In many arguments would be a lot easier to understand the other side.
  2. Album reviews don't mean anything about the quality of an album (ie. probably Little Things will be the song I like the most in SOE, because that's the style I love the most in U2, but no review is mentioning it), but it means a lot about public perception of the album, which objectively I know it doesn't matter, but for whatever reason I do care about it still.
    So I welcome any positive review, and if it comes from former naysayers even better.
  3. american soul >>> get out of your own way, this sounds like coldplay with chainsmokers, tipically top hits song from spotify
  4. I love the intro and I dig the verses... but this reused chorus from Volcano, I just can't stand it.

Its already a bad chorus and to reuse it in another song is really lame.
  5. I bet some people can’t wait for it to come out so they can say it’s crap regardless
  6. The true origin of American Soul skip to 13 seconds
  7. Hahahahaha. I love David Brent.
  8. Originally posted by marcosdd:I love the intro and I dig the verses... but this reused chorus from Volcano, I just can't stand it.

Its already a bad chorus and to reuse it in another song is really lame.
    I don't even hear Volcano now, it's an ace song and the chorus is fine, suits the vibe of the track.
  9. Yeah I can't say Volcano really comes to mind when hearing this - I immediately started singing that Glastonbury song, which I still like (or wait, was that what led to Volcano and then this and 190 other songs on the album!!!). What I do like about it is the kick drum breakdown and the effects in that part before 'refujesus'. Shaping up to out of the four proper album songs we've heard so far - my favourite one.

And there's a - quarter second or so tremolo vocal effect I kind of like too, even though it sounds a bit out of place. Drums in this are the real highlight.
  10. I kind of don't want to like American Soul, but... I really like American Soul. It's a hammy big U2 rocker. And I love Volcano, and YOU ARE ROCK N ROLL is maybe my favourite part of Volcano... so American Soul is a-ok with me.