2017-10-19 - Sao Paulo
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Songs played: 22
Audio recordings: 0
  1. Shortest setlist party?
  2. One is still a horrible closer. Jeez.
  3. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:Here's how I think it will go with these shows, no pipe dreams:
    Night 1: Standard setlist
    Night 2: MW instead of YTBTAM
    Night 3: Standard setlist
    Night 4: Standard + IWF

So far I had Night 1 correct. Now I'm not even sure they'll play MW.
  4. Originally posted by RUMMY:For various reasons, the show I attended this past June is my favourite of the seven U2 concerts I've been to in my life.

(Yes, I even enjoyed myself more this time around compared to the ZooTV show I attended back in 1992.)

The only reason I'm not the same is cause I managed to see a couple pretty great shows on IE. Other than those couple, I enjoyed the shows this tour more than any other
  5. I see there weren't any surprises, but I guess for night 1 that's not too surprising. Though thIs has to be the longest run of consecutive unchanged setlists since... PopMart, probably. Anyone know for sure?
    EDIT: Whoops, forgot they put I Will Follow in at La Plata 2.

Anyway, I'm sure it was a real treat for all those fans who attended! Six years must be a long wait!!
  6. I don't think the setlist is an issue if you are actually at the gigs. The big setlist issue on this tour has been having a Joshua Tree in the middle of it. A great tour though. Band will be in top shape for the new album promos.
  7. they are tired, i think the best setlist will be for the fourth night and than the tour is finished, finally, i think one of the worst of their career, finally is over in next days. I'm looking forward. Sorry but is not to accept this behaviour, this boring world played setlists. But i love them untill the end of the world.
  8. it's a problem to play this song once? it's just an example, when they began the tour again in 2010 they played new songs
  9. Yes, at Torino in 2010 they played 3 totally new songs (and 7 years later none of them have seen the light of day !)

On the day they went down like a lead balloon (apart from Stingray I suppose, as the walk on opener).
  10. Originally posted by Edi:[..]
    Yes, at Torino in 2010 they played 3 totally new songs (and 7 years later none of them have seen the light of day !)

On the day they went down like a lead balloon (apart from Stingray I suppose, as the walk on opener).
    Stingray became Lucifer's Hands, Glastonbury became middle part of Volcano and North Star was (some version) in Transformers... That's how they "improve" great songs (Stingray and Glastonbury were definitely much much better than the songs they became)