2017-10-19 - Sao Paulo
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Songs played: 22
Audio recordings: 0
  1. Of course they are making a DVD. This is a cash cow after all. U2plc. Got to have the cash in resurrection tour DVD. The big question is.... will it appear for the christmas rush?
  2. And now I'm thinking the only reason they played Spanish Eyes and Sweetest Thing in Mexico was for the extras in the DVD, or for the Deluxe Edition of 120 euros.
  3. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:And now I'm thinking the only reason they played Spanish Eyes and Sweetest Thing in Mexico was for the extras in the DVD, or for the Deluxe Edition of 120 euros.
    Hopefully for the DVD
  4. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:And now I'm thinking the only reason they played Spanish Eyes and Sweetest Thing in Mexico was for the extras in the DVD, or for the Deluxe Edition of 120 euros.
    Well aren't you the sprinkle of positivity on a cloudy oktober day
  5. No Little things for Brazil, sad.

But I'm even more sad about the big 0 concerts in Australia/NZ.
  6. I'm not a negative guy. When you cover 6 or 8 shows in a row without mixlr and identical to each other, you have to make jokes to get through the day.

7. Hi! It´s been some time since I last posted, but I´ve been following the forum since always... I thought this topic was a good reason to reset my password

I wonder why tickets in Brazil (or South America) are so expensive. GA for Paul McCartney was R$400, Coldplay R$380, David Gilmour R$480... U2 still beat all of those by costing R$ 500! I don´t know if the high price of TJT Tour might have to do with a heavy guest like Noel Gallagher - you get 2 good shows in one night...

And I also would like to know how the company that "brings" and sponsors the concerts, "Tickets For Fun" in U2´s case, interferes in the pricing. Beyond the price of the ticket, this company charge buyers an extra 20% labeling this extra as "convinience tariff", something done by all our equivalents to Ticketmater

I believe that it is also worth mentioning that students, the elderly and retired pay half the price of the announced value, it´s a national policy. Once I´m a college student, for example, I payed 250 for GA instead of the 500 on the price table. This could also interfere on announced values - it is said that a lot of people who don´t have those rights use fake IDs or are just brave enough to hope these are not checked at entrance - my student ID hasn´t been asked for in any of the last 5 concerts I went. Lollapalooza, for example, is being sued by the Student Union because it is charging R$ 1600 for the 3 day pass, BUT, if you donate R$ 30 to charity, you pay half the price like students and elders. So, in many people´s opinion, what is announced as the "special half price" is the actual whole price we should be paying and what the Lolla´s organization is doing just reveals that... Is there anything like it in your countries?
  8. If everything goes well, an IEM recording will be shared by me from Sao Paulo! Fingers crossed!
  9. GlSad that my graph stirred up some discussion on these absurd ticket prices I think this is an important issue that should be addressed and discussed. Those of us who've been fans of this band for a long time tend to associate ourselves with them not only musically but also morally and ideologically. Just as I find hard to justify Bono's friendship with war criminals or the company's decission to pay less taxes by moving to The Netherlands (and I don't want to start any argument about these 2 points which have been discussed to death already), I find impossible to justify these ticket prices for my brother countries. The only true reason I can think of is pure greediness by LiveNation/U2camp, and that only makes me angrier.