1. Since Bono said something about experience and innocence having a really similar stage layout to I+e, where do you guys think is the best place to be? I know it's a little early to start this discussion but I want to hear some feedback on where you should stand in GA or if you should even be in GA at all.

Here's a diagram of the I+e stage

2. Sorry, I screwed up the image.
  3. i+e stage was great fun.
    Didn't like to be at the catwalk tbh. Too close to the screens.
  4. Bono mentioned they "had some great staging ideas", so I think we can expect some changes for E+I.
  5. Bono said exactly the same thing before the I+E tour and he was damn right that time. So I hope we are in for some nice innovations again. As for myelf, I prefer to be as close to the main stage as I can and simply enjoy the band playing the music, kind of making it a club gig for myself no matter what the size of the actual place is, but the stage design can surely enhance the experience.
  6. Originally posted by Happy24:[..]
    Bono said exactly the same thing before the I+E tour and he was damn right that time. So I hope we are in for some nice innovations again. As for myelf, I prefer to be as close to the main stage as I can and simply enjoy the band playing the music, kind of making it a club gig for myself no matter what the size of the actual place is, but the stage design can surely enhance the experience.
    but the stage design can surely enhance the experience. = 360 hhha
  7. I agree. When I went to see them, I had not paid any attention to the staging at all. Just knew there would be a big screen. So, during the show I realised they were completely invinsible when standing inside the screen which was a major let down for me. I remember just feeling bored and confused. Something I never thought would happen at a U2 show.
  8. I was in the front row at Dublin 1 on Edge's side. We had a great view of the screen!
  9. If the stage is the same, main stage rail first pick. B-stage rail second. If you want to see any of the screen from either the main stage or the b-stage rails, go a little wider, further from the central catwalk. Don't do the catwalk, they probably won't spend a lot of time there, you can't see the screen properly, & you struggle to see both stages if you're not tall.

If you're a late arrival, hang back, against the Red Zone rail (unless they move RZ). From here you'll have great views of the screen,& probably of both stages. As it shouldn't be too crowde you should also be able to make your way closer to either the main stage or b-stage. Alternatively, if you want something totally different, & if Bono starts the show again by arriving at the b-stage, they rope off a section of the b-stage rail. If you're sneaky, get up against that rope, as close as possible to the stage, & once Bono's on stage & the rope is dropped, make your way very quickly to the b-stage rail. Interesting unimpeded view of the main stage from here, looking straight down the catwalk to the main stage, but no view of the screen whatsoever. Was a great place to see Bono going nuts during UTEOTW!

10. Here's a diagram I made up for a friend last tour.
  11. usually there was no problem of moving... Start at the good spot close to redzone with good view of the screen and during MW moved to b-stage and was in 3rd row for the b-stage songs
  12. in turin i was in the front of the Edge main stage first night and in the front of b stage second night, perfect!