1. By far Little things. Best thing is good, Black out is ok, I have to listen more to this song.
  2. I voted for Best Thing. I like all three, but the hook in Best Thing pulls me in and keeps me pulled in more than the other two - its one of those songs that not only has an amazing chorus melody but has an even stronger verse hook imho. It's going to be fascinating to hear the rest of this album and how these songs will compare to the rest of the songs.
  3. Originally posted by Caledonia:I voted for Best Thing. I like all three, but the hook in Best Thing pulls me in and keeps me pulled in more than the other two - its one of those songs that not only has an amazing chorus melody but has an even stronger verse hook imho. It's going to be fascinating to hear the rest of this album and how these songs will compare to the rest of the songs.
    Same. It's the one song among the three I can't stop listening to. Love Edge's part near the end even more than the chorus.

Can't wait to hear album versions of The Blackout and Little Things, too, though. Loving all three thus far.
  4. Originally posted by bpt3:[..]
    Same. It's the one song among the three I can't stop listening to. Love Edge's part near the end even more than the chorus.

Can't wait to hear album versions of The Blackout and Little Things, too, though. Loving all three thus far.
    This goes for me, too.
  5. the blackout, no doubt about it.
  6. Im starting to like Best Thing, Not a fan of little things really, Blackout is my current favorite. Sounds like a mix of new U2 plus old U2. Loving it, really wish they had played it on fallon instead of Bullet.
  7. Little things...great song..one of the best they've done lately
    It's a pitty that Bono doesn't sing the real last verse instead of repeating "I'm full of anger and grieving..."
  8. Little Things, by far. The Blackout is a cool song, kinda like Volcano and Best Thing is mehh at it's best for me.

But Little Things has something special, I really, really hope they will keep it like on the Kimmel Show on the album. Please don't throw the ATYCLB sauce over it.
  9. Originally posted by bartajax:Little Things, by far. The Blackout is a cool song, kinda like Volcano and Best Thing is mehh at it's best for me.

But Little Things has something special, I really, really hope they will keep it like on the Kimmel Show on the album. Please don't throw the ATYCLB sauce over it.
    will be interesting to see how the album version of TLTTGYA sounds
  10. Little Things. That's U2 at its finest.
    Totally agree with Bart in here.

After that, I remember that I liked the Blackout, I remember that I've listened to it more than the Best Thing, but I don't really remember the song compared to TBTAM which is totally stuck in my head.

So, my mind tells me Blackout is 2nd, but I'm not sure...

...still, I'm really excited about the new album (really really curious about Red Flag Day since the day it was first mentioned), and even if the 3 songs we've listened so far are really different, they still sound like they belong to the same album.

11. Oh yeah! A total surprise and a gem to discover (despite being a new song). The melody is so sad yet condemming, the cascading piano, then Edge's echo guitar, as well as the band, brings things to such an emotional climax.

It honeslty reminds me of Bad, how that song starts off so soft and then builds up to this crescendo before dropping off. Bono called it U2's "jazz song". Guess they now have another one with Little Things.