1. I don't think there is much difference between the Sci-Fi Soul Mix and the album version. The intro of the Sci-Fi Soul Mix is different. But the album version has better drums. The chorus and ending are identical to me.
    It's not certain the Sci-Fi Soul Mix will end up on Songs Of Experience. Maybe on the deluxe. But no album news today unfortunately.
  2. The Little Things hands down.
  3. #1 : The Blackout , by a far mile..
    #2 : The Sc-fi mix of Best Thing, comes in as a close second.
    #3: The Little Things
    #4 : Lights of home or something m whatever they played after the Blackout in Amsterdam.
  4. For me...

1- The Blackout! Despite the crowd noise, this is such an intense and rocking song from the boys. Lyrically defiant against terror and musically their most raw since War IMO. I have a feeling this will be the ripping opener for SOE!

2 - TBTAM! My initial thoughts for the first few listens was... "this sounds real good but... lacking, stitched together and a plaster of different style ideas." While I still feel like that, Edge's guitar (especally in the bridge) is crisp and catchy, Larry's drums are thundering (abit tad too forward in the mix, literally overpowering the rest), Adam's Bass tone the same as Blackout - awesome. And Bono? Apart from the chorus and the intro, he does a decent job in singing. (Edge's vocals in the middle eight... ehhhhh waay top processed)

I digress.

3 - TLTTGYA! Honestly I never heard this song before today. From looking at Joshua Tree 2017 tour setlists I knew they played this song live but for reasons of not wanting to spoil myself before hearing the album version, I largely avoided it until this poll came up. And after hearing it I now agree that this is one of the boys best songs in recent years. Hope this is an album closer!

4 - Best Thing Kygo Mix! Yeeeeah... more power to you if you love this version. The electro dance vibe I liked very much and Edge's outro would've worked great for the single version. But as I've said when I first heard this, I wasn't a big fan of the Kygo mix and that hasn't changed much for me.

[EDIT] Was the Kygo option taken out?
  5. Kygo version of Best Thing
  6. Originally posted by PageU2:For me...

1- The Blackout! Despite the crowd noise, this is such an intense and rocking song from the boys. Lyrically defiant against terror and musically their most raw since War IMO. I have a feeling this will be the ripping opener for SOE!

2 - TBTAM! My initial thoughts for the first few listens was... "this sounds real good but... lacking, stitched together and a plaster of different style ideas." While I still feel like that, Edge's guitar (especally in the bridge) is crisp and catchy, Larry's drums are thundering (abit tad too forward in the mix, literally overpowering the rest), Adam's Bass tone the same as Blackout - awesome. And Bono? Apart from the chorus and the intro, he does a decent job in singing. (Edge's vocals in the middle eight... ehhhhh waay top processed)

I digress.

3 - TLTTGYA! Honestly I never heard this song before today. From looking at Joshua Tree 2017 tour setlists I knew they played this song live but for reasons of not wanting to spoil myself before hearing the album version, I largely avoided it until this poll came up. And after hearing it I now agree that this is one of the boys best songs in recent years. Hope this is an album closer!

4 - Best Thing Kygo Mix! Yeeeeah... more power to you if you love this version. The electro dance vibe I liked very much and Edge's outro would've worked great for the single version. But as I've said when I first heard this, I wasn't a big fan of the Kygo mix and that hasn't changed much for me.

[EDIT] Was the Kygo option taken out?
    You haven't heard Little Things before? Wow!
  7. Yup. I guess unlike the band I was INVISIBLE to Little Things.
  8. Little Things!

The Little Things That give You Away (9/10)
    You're The Best Thing About Me (8.5/10)
    The Blackout (7.5/10, but I think this rating will go up when I hear the proper album version)
  9. The new song is great. The band is confident. Can't wait for the JT tour to finish and they get back to new stuff.