1. Originally posted by LikeASong:This is excellent news - from the RS interview:

Edge: You probably noticed that the version of "You're the Best Thing About Me" that we released is quite different than the one we are playing live, and the final mix is like six weeks away.

Kinda confirms that the crappy single mix is not the version that will go into the album.
    That's disappointing. I like what I hear and I dislike when the version on the album is different from the single.
  2. Originally posted by LikeASong:This is excellent news - from the RS interview:

Edge: You probably noticed that the version of "You're the Best Thing About Me" that we released is quite different than the one we are playing live, and the final mix is like six weeks away.

Kinda confirms that the crappy single mix is not the version that will go into the album.

3. Originally posted by LikeASong:This is excellent news - from the RS interview:

i don't understand, a lot of people seem to be saying this but I absolutely fail to see the difference between the live version and the single mix, except that they play it half a tone down live ? It's the exact same song or am I missing something totally ?
  4. Originally posted by Sev00:[..]

i don't understand, a lot of people seem to be saying this but I absolutely fail to see the difference between the live version and the single mix, except that they play it half a tone down live ? It's the exact same song or am I missing something totally ?
    I feel like the live version is pretty much the same song too. Don't really know what Edge is talking about. Unless he got mixed up and is talking about the sci fi mix and forgot they went with a different version.
  5. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I feel like the live version is pretty much the same song too. Don't really know what Edge is talking about. Unless he got mixed up and is talking about the sci fi mix and forgot they went with a different version.
    All I know is it will suck if The Edge bridge is left off the album version...
  6. I can't see that happening, I'm sure only the Kygo version won't feature that bit. I think it's going to be something close to the single mix, or maybe something in between the single and sci fi mix but I'd be surprised if the changes were any more extravagant than that.
  7. I don't see that happening.

I just hope the actual MIX is better, as I've said countless times. If I had one big change it would be to make the choruses more like Kygo's version - in terms of what Edge is doing, but that's just me.
  8. Originally posted by Sev00:[..]

Yes, it's pretty much the same thing, I don't know what Edge is talking about
  9. My 20 y.o. "I'd-never-listened-to-u2" daughter listened TBTAM in the radio at 7am, and she reports that she had the song stuck in her head all the morning so she had to look for it on YouTube and now she has it even more stuck and she's been singing and humming the chorus all day.

I'm happy.
  10. Originally posted by Bloodraven:My 20 y.o. "I'd-never-listened-to-u2" daughter listened TBTAM in the radio at 7am, and she reports that she had the song stuck in her head all the morning so she had to look for it on YouTube and now she has it even more stuck and she's been singing and humming the chorus all day.

I'm happy.
    #proudpapa
  11. Tbh, I forced myself to listen to this song (in every possible version, remix...) again and again, but I still don't like it and just can't seem to find the hidden greatness. It's just so... ordinary.
  12. Originally posted by BelgianBono:Tbh, I forced myself to listen to this song (in every possible version, remix...) again and again, but I still don't like it and just can't seem to find the hidden greatness. It's just so... ordinary.
    Yes it is. There's nothing extraordinary -either musically nor lirically- to it.