1. I’m not gonna open my coloured/limited just the standard
  2. But that I don't understand. You ain't gonna sell your limited anyway, right?
    So what's the point of keeping it sealed?
  3. Originally posted by BigGiRL:[..]
    But that I don't understand. You ain't gonna sell your limited anyway, right?
    So what's the point of keeping it sealed?
    I dont blame for keeping it sealed, but I wouldnt be able to... I'd have to open it and covet it.

This is piece is so rare that it'll keep its value either way.
  4. It retains its value I have the test pressof songs of innocence (300 copies) it’s still in factory seal.
  5. It does, yes. I get it. It's a to each his own kind of thing. Me, I want to enjoy the art. I may never play it, but I want to enjoy it and look at it. To me, its like having a rare piece of art and not letting anyone see or enjoy it...

When I was putting my kids through college I had to sell a few collectible pieces and what I learned was that the "sterile purists" as I call them, cared about being sealed and would pay exorbitantly more for sealed, but most, as long as the piece is in excellent condition, would gladly pay very slightly less to get an open copy...

The test press copy I would definitely leave sealed. Its black vinyl with nothing extravagant.

All that being said, I also still dont blame you for opting to keep it sealed. Definitely check itvfrequently though... keeping sealed might also warp over time!
  6. Yes, I understand about the value. But it is merely a theoretic value, until you sell it.
    But if you are collecting, then you don't sell it, right?

I know, I'm a lousy collector. I have most regular cd singles and only a few somewhat rare.

I'm interested in The Blackout mainly because it is a physical release.
    Would love to have a limited one as well, but then I will most certainly tear of the shrink
  7. Originally posted by BigGiRL:[..]
    Yes, I understand about the value. But it is merely a theoretic value, until you sell it.

I know, I'm a lousy collector. I have most regular cd singles and only a few somewhat rare.

I'm interested in The Blackout mainly because it is a physical release.
    Would love to have a limited one as well, but then I will most certainly tear of the shrink
    You have to! Would you buy a Van Gogh and keep it wrapped up?
  8. Originally posted by BigGiRL:[..]
    Yes, I understand about the value. But it is merely a theoretic value, until you sell it.

You don't watch The Big Bang Theory, don't you?
  9. Well, if it is still in shrink after all these years....I am happy to look through it!

But I do actually have a Rolling Stones Voodoo Lounge original vinyl (1994) still wrapped up.
    And now, after all these years, I don't want to take it off anymore...
  10. Well, yes,...actually. Occasionally, but still...

They collect comics, right? Or Sheldon does?
  11. They collect everything comic books and their favourite movies related... and everything sealed (someone was once threatened by unsealing very limited box of some character toy figure)