1. Musically the song's fine, it's the cringeworthy lyrics that have always been the problem.
  2. Even Bono admits the tax thing was a mistake. The quote in Surrender goes something like this: there are some arguments you lose just by being in.
  3. Originally posted by kris_smith87:I think with a slight reworking Stand Up Comedy would fit on Pop.

With a slight reworking and a duet with a contemporary artist a la what Elton John is doing The Playboy Mansion could be a hit in 2023.

PM is a highly underrated song

4. When they didn’t end up releasing Songs of ascent before the 2010 tour began, I figured songs like SUC would be added into the setlist to replace some of the other NLOTH songs. Seemed logical to me to put in SUC, as it could fit in just about any place in the show (except in the opener/closer slots). I also figured WAS or Fez would replace Unknown Caller.

I never would’ve imagined they’d cut that album down to 4 (and then 3) songs, play a bunch of random unreleased songs that were barely past the demo stage, and then just make the tour an AB anniversary showcase. I was really shocked Magnificent didn’t stick around for the entire tour. They really lost their faith in that album.
  5. I loved the NLOTH songs on 360. But 2011 was a different tour than 2009/2010 with the same stage.
  6. me too... and it would be massive live. Stadium rock as fuck!
  7. It's crazy, I'm picturing Bono from Popmart during Miami- SUC kind of gives me that vibe.. lyrics could perhaps be better or different, but it sounds good..i just listened to SUC for the first time in probably over a year and it sounds good. SUC to Bullet live🤔
  8. Originally posted by podiumboy:[..]

When they didn’t end up releasing Songs of ascent before the 2010 tour began, I figured songs like SUC would be added into the setlist to replace some of the other NLOTH songs. Seemed logical to me to put in SUC, as it could fit in just about any place in the show (except in the opener/closer slots). I also figured WAS or Fez would replace Unknown Caller.

I never would’ve imagined they’d cut that album down to 4 (and then 3) songs, play a bunch of random unreleased songs that were barely past the demo stage, and then just make the tour an AB anniversary showcase. I was really shocked Magnificent didn’t stick around for the entire tour. They really lost their faith in that album.
    I think it was a travesty that they never tried Fez live
  9. Originally posted by kris_smith87:I think with a slight reworking Stand Up Comedy would fit on Pop.

With a slight reworking and a duet with a contemporary artist a la what Elton John is doing The Playboy Mansion could be a hit in 2023.

Maybe a duet with a type like Fergie? She was great on that Gimme Shelter performance (Mick wasn't bad either)
  10. Originally posted by melon51:[..]

Maybe a duet with a type like Fergie? She was great on that Gimme Shelter performance (Mick wasn't bad either)
    I love Fergie but she isn’t that relevant right now in terms of charts. She definitely has a rocker voice though.
  11. Get that, who would be your ideal candidate?