1. Originally posted by Bullet_Blue:[..]
    I agree with points A and D.
    B) I'm waiting for the studio version to have a better opinion
    C) I don't think it's a jam. They tried to make a noisy piece à la Sonic Youth and it quite worked because that music never belonged to U2. But yes, live could work only acoustically (as they rehearsed in '92).

It did come from a jam, from Sydney if I'm not mistaken - at a soundcheck (it's in U2 At The End of the World)
  2. I wouldn't say this is completely unpopular but definitely divisive, u2's work in the 90's was better than there work in the 80's. Quality not quantity, 5 studios albums in the 80's plus an albums worth of new material on rattle And Hum was good going but only TJT makes my top 5 u2 albums with all 3 from the 90's making my top 5.
  3. Elvis Presley and America, Playboy Mansion, Wild Honey, and One Step Closer are all above-average U2 songs.

Miami still sucks live, even if it's a bit better.

Pop is almost great but just isn't there, the new mixes are generally improvements, and audiences were right to reject it.*

Cedarwood Road is the worst song on Songs of Innocence.

Lemon is flipping weird.**

Man, this feels really good.

*I love Pop. I really do.
    **I love Lemon. I really do.
  4. -The whole 'women shtick' this tour feels a bit forced.

-HTDAAB is a solid album overall. That's right lads , the only song you can really say something truly bad about there is A Man and a Woman.

-The remix of Crazy is better than the studio one although not by much.

-Most Popmart versions of songs are not very good except for a few although I will defend the stage.

-U2 360º was the objectively perfect tour.

-The live version of RHMT is actually pretty good.

-Aaaand finally, U2's perfect form would be current Adam, Larry and Edge with ZooTV Bono. This because the other 3 are much more experienced musicians at this point and although I don't really mind Bono's current vocal abilities as much as many others on this forum, it would still be nice to hear many of these songs being played now in their original pitches with the musical experience added, plus, i'd be fun to see more characters onstage again. Not to detract from previous tours or anything but I feel the not Bono members of U2 keep getting better each time. This last one may not be so controversial though.
  5. HTDAAB is their worst overall album. A Man and a Woman is the 2nd best song on there.
  6. LAPOE, Vertigo and ABOY are best songs on weak HTDAAB...
  7. Crumbs From Your Table is one of U2's best songs ever
  8. Tha Saints Are Coming is better than majority of ATYCLB and HTDAAB...
  9. Stand Up Comedy is good