1. Originally posted by MoFoNYR15:Exit is quite terrible (studio version). The song is absolutely awesome and the live versions capture the song much better than the studio version.
    I wouldn't say "terrible" but you definitely have a point - the live versions have a raw power that the Joshua Tree version can't even dream of. Live it's much much better. But doesn't that apply to 90% of U2's catalogue anyway?

The atmosphere of the studio version of Exit, though... The crickets, the night sounds, the crescendo, Bono just whispering lightly the first verses... I remember listening to TJT on my old discman (!) at night, lights off, lying on the bed and well, the word "haunting" falls way short.
  2. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    I wouldn't say "terrible" but you definitely have a point - the live versions have a raw power that the Joshua Tree version can't even dream of. Live it's much much better. But doesn't that apply to 90% of U2's catalogue anyway?

The atmosphere of the studio version of Exit, though... The crickets, the night sounds, the crescendo, Bono just whispering lightly the first verses... I remember listening to TJT on my old discman (!) at night, lights off, lying on the bed and well, the word "haunting" falls way short.
    All great points but understand I heard that live versions first. Hard to follow.
  3. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

Very very accurate... Not a U2 song to play near bedtime!

4. Exactly the same here. So definately +1.
    I had the same thing with Bad.
    Perfect examples of why you should see and hear U2 live before judging them.
  5. Originally posted by RUMMY:I've stood up for ATYCLB and HTDAAB many, many times around here. With this said, I never listen to them any more - and Beautiful Day was a complete mess on the most-recent tour. Needs a break, big time.

I agree, BD is kind of overrated
  6. I would say since 2000, HTBATB is probably U2's most best rell-rounded start to finish (espechially with the Bonus Song Fast Cars).
  7. I agree, however it's not that bad, just overplayed.... the problem with ATYCLB is that the first 5 songs are great, but the second half of the album really blows up and is quite boring.
  8. Yes, I think you are right: this is still not a very popular opinion...

But it will be some day...eventually
  9. Originally posted by BelgianBono:[..]

Exactly the same here. So definately +1.
    I had the same thing with Bad.
    Perfect examples of why you should see and hear U2 live before judging them.
    It could be the same with "The Boss"
    The songs on the album are good...yes...but he built up his reputation playin live
  10. Clint Eastwood: Opinions are like assholes. Everybody has ONE.
  11. "Elvis Presley and America" is one of the best and most interesting U2-tracks ever released and always in my personal top 10.

Is that an unpopular opinion?