1. Here in italy....they've ben playin Hozier Take me to Church in sunday School
    I bet noone has ever Read the lyrics
    But it's just For the word "Church"
  2. Originally posted by Remy:If U2 will resume the I+E tour as E+I, after this year, I think it's time and a great opportunity to drop some Joshua Tree staples. With Or Without You, Still Haven't Found, Bullet can all go.

Maybe its even time for Streets to go. This could all make perfect room for all the Experience songs and maybe some Innocence ones as well
    That will never happen ,a lot of the fans that go to a u2 concert only go once probably around 90% ,you have the hard core who over do it and go see multiple shows and OD on it so they want different songs but that's not who the shows are designed for .U2 have never varied setlists dramatically(Love Town being the exception) the time to do it would have being the mid 90s when they were at their peak but Zoo tv and Popmart were like broad way shows if you attended multiple shows you would have been disappointed in the lack of spontaneity even Bono's speeches were the same on a nightly basis but that made no difference to the majority who only saw them once.Maybe Bono should have a chat with Eddie Vedder as Pearl jam know how to mix it up on a nightly basis however U2 are so obsessed with perfection and insecure they even watch play back of their gigs straight after they've come off stage, maybe the demands of being the biggest band on the planet are too restrictive.
  3. 6 songs from new album
    3 from i&e (miracle, California, EBW (electric))
    1 from NLOTH - Magnificent
    4 from HTDAAB/ATYCLB - Various
    5 from Achtung Baby/Zooropa/Pop - Various
    4 from UFF/TJT/Rattle and Hum - Various
    3 from Boy/October/War - Various

Various meaning change them up from show to show.

I was so disappointed that there were no songs from I&E on the current tour. First time they didn't play any songs from their previous album.
  4. Originally posted by phil_lebo:6 songs from new album
    3 from i&e (miracle, California, EBW (electric))
    1 from NLOTH - Magnificent
    4 from HTDAAB/ATYCLB - Various
    5 from Achtung Baby/Zooropa/Pop - Various
    4 from UFF/TJT/Rattle and Hum - Various
    3 from Boy/October/War - Various

Various meaning change them up from show to show.

I was so disappointed that there were no songs from I&E on the current tour. First time they didn't play any songs from their previous album.
    Come off it this was a JT mini tour to celebrate the anniversary it wasn't a time to promote an album they just had toured around the world 2 years previously that would make no sense.If any of SOI make it on the next tour I'll be surprised as it wouldn't fit into the theme of what the I&E tour is supposed to be about.
  5. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    It's an undeniably beautiful song. Beautifully dark.

But I also know people who have had R.E.M.'s "The One I Love" played at their weddings too. I wonder if they're still married. LOL.

...Yikes. Bad, bad choice.... beautiful song, though

/offtopic
  6. hes not an Amazing bass player but neither is the Edge at his craft..Bono not the best singer ever...Larry not the best drummer ever. Put all 4 members together it = The best BAND ever! individual skill does not matter in a band like U2
  7. Originally posted by Fly40:Here in italy....they've ben playin Hozier Take me to Church in sunday School
    I bet noone has ever Read the lyrics
    But it's just For the word "Church"
    I love this!
  8. Originally posted by u2_michaelc:[..]
    hes not an Amazing bass player but neither is the Edge at his craft..Bono not the best singer ever...Larry not the best drummer ever. Put all 4 members together it = The best BAND ever! individual skill does not matter in a band like U2
    Yeah i Know that when you love a band as much as we all love U2 every member seems to be the best in the world ( love is blindness ) and i don't wanna talk badly about Adam.i just wanted to say that he's not that Great player.his lines,most of all are Simple.almost everyone can play his lines.even if you're a rookie
    B.t.w. All together they're a Great band
    Larry Mulen,For me,is a human metronome

9. I don't hate IALW. Or stuck. I just don't like the cumbaya campfire acoustic versions they have been playing.
    They mailed that on the Elevation tour. But never played it with that amount of awesome anymore since. I think Edge went electric for stuck and used Taylor's instead of Gibson . Small details. Big difference. that's why I hope they don't do that anymore this upcoming tour. But like I always say. In the end... They can do and play whatever the hell they want in the end. I'm just glad they are there.
  10. Lovely song with meaningful lyrics
    But the fact is that here in italy ...country of troglodytes and cavemen...don't care about anything else but themselves.
    It made me laugh listening to a song that talks about gays and etc in a place where nothing DIFFERENT is accepted.
    Different from the status quo
  11. Seriously, even as a Pop Mart fanatic, I absolutely love Stuck In A Moment, and In A Little While. I would have liked the album more if Grace and Wild Honey were replaced by two songs that could have fit on Pop or Zooropa, but their inclusion made the whole thing get the "playing it safe" tag the album deserves. Still, an awesome album that would have also done better with the Million Dollar Hotel songs. As far as that "movie," Bono must have watched Prince's "Graffiti Bridge" movie and tried to make a movie even worse. As bad as Prince's movie is, you can understand the garbage coming out of the characters mouths. The bumbling mumbling and fumbling of Hotel's characters is among the worst things I have ever seen. What topic is this? Oh, setlists. I thought it might have been the Popmart one...

We will never get the variation of setlists as diehard fans...unless the band did four or five fanclub shows a year as a target audience thing, but it would never happen. Not in a million years. U2 love and appreciate us, but not that much lol.