2017-09-03 - Detroit
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Songs played: 22
Audio recordings: 2
  1. What do you mean except Patti. I'll have you know that I ugly-cried all of my mascara off when I saw her on stage! Fantastic!
  2. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:Well, in all seriousness, apart from all the Patti and the lack of The Best Thing, they actually played a very good show, I thought.

You got it - just got back home from Detroit! Yes, Mothers was pretty bad and bummed about no Best Thing, but the show overall was fantastic. The opening four were great as always, the JT songs all performed solid (Bullet and Exit still standouts for me), and the encore just rocked - I liked the order of songs tonight, even with dropping MS. Elevation, Vertigo, and MW right in a row - crowd loved it.

Band seemed energized from their break and a loud audience happy to see them back in the city again. Their energy tonight, Bono in particular, makes me laugh again at that old "what's wrong with Bono" thread. It was great to be 25 feet from the tree stage taking in the spectacle and singing along with them all night again. And now it's time for bed!
  3. Groundbreaking news
  4. Good stuff. This part of the tour just feels like a bolt on. Roll on South America.
  5. Originally posted by lovesu2:[..]
    What do you mean except Patti. I'll have you know that I ugly-cried all of my mascara off when I saw her on stage! Fantastic!
    Do you really think she sang it good and the song was good with her "singing"?
  6. Saw Patti Smith with U2 in London in 2015. Absolute legend, such a privilege. Not everyone's cupán tae, but one of the voices of my youth and a hero of mine.
  7. Missed nothing I see
  8. I planned to stay up but fell asleep, don't feel like I missed much

9. Good point actually, hopefully the band will understand now to leave her off it, the first performance of it with her was poor this was terrible, definitely worst performance of the song for me and really put a dampener on the evening for me even though as a whole the gig probably wasn't that bad.
  10. Yep! Not much change in setlist from leg 1 and 2 .
    I'm looking forward to Indianapolis show especially beck as opening act !