1. Dublin gets a lot av slack. I was there, my 18th U2 concert, and (apart from expectations and the obvious stiff setlist) I do not get why so many of you are complaining. I thought it was great. Band in top form. Great atmosphere. Super audio. Just a brilliant night. I'm glad that they chose to close with Little things. Wrapped the night up beautifully and thematically (starts old, ends new, starts with no screen, ends with no screen). I understand why many of you love the performance in Seattle, at least setlist wise, but that was not their finest hour when it comes to performance. Too many "unforced errors" for my taste. Just my two cents.
  2. Originally posted by Zoolov:Dublin gets a lot av slack. I was there, my 18th U2 concert, and (apart from expectations and the obvious stiff setlist) I do not get why so many of you are complaining. I thought it was great. Band in top form. Great atmosphere. Super audio. Just a brilliant night. I'm glad that they chose to close with Little things. Wrapped the night up beautifully and thematically (starts old, ends new, starts with no screen, ends with no screen). I understand why many of you love the performance in Seattle, at least setlist wise, but that was not their finest hour when it comes to performance. Too many "unforced errors" for my taste. Just my two cents.
    Dublin was good. It just never took off for me. They reverted back to the America snippet during Bad and just didn't lay on anything else for the home crowd (our fault for increased expectstions). I loved hearing Little Things but it was a very flat closer.

It wasn't a bad show by any means. It just wasn't great. Amsterdam a week later just had a totally different vibe and was all the more fun for it.
  3. I guess that depends on your overall experience. Your place in the stadium and energy level among the ones around you. I agree on the America-snippet, but that didn't ruin the whole show for me. I was in GA and had a blast. Streets was amazing, as well as Elevation and Vertigo, to name three highlights for me. I was at Slane 2001 and although that was good, I actually found the TJT-experience at Croke Park better.
  4. I think a few people are getting 'best' mixed up with 'favourite', think objectively. I haven't listened to all the bootlegs, nowhere near it, but I would probably say Seattle for setlist; I can't really comment on performance. Amsterdam 2 was the best performance I saw, speaking subjectively, but maybe if I was less drunk I'd probably have appreciated it more.

But yeah, I would say the best person to ask is that Gregg who has witnessed every show. We could listen to all the bootlegs and fail to come up with a definitive answer.
  5. Originally posted by KieranU2:I think a few people are getting 'best' mixed up with 'favourite', think objectively. I haven't listened to all the bootlegs, nowhere near it, but I would probably say Seattle for setlist; I can't really comment on performance. Amsterdam 2 was the best performance I saw, speaking subjectively, but maybe if I was less drunk I'd probably have appreciated it more.

But yeah, I would say the best person to ask is that Gregg who has witnessed every show. We could listen to all the bootlegs and fail to come up with a definitive answer.
    Agreed. Impossible to objectively rank the #1. And if you come from a certain country that they play in, of course that will colour your experience as well. And I do think that the best show is yet to come...
  6. Dublin ,Dublin , Dublin ...
  7. I went to Dublin and London 1 - both in GA - both were very good but London 1 was better. The band seemed to match the crowd energy in L1 but didn't quite rise to the occasion in Dublin - ending with TLT in Dublin really did put a downer on what otherwise was a very good show.
  8. Of the few I saw...
    I think Brussels was amazing great crowd, great band vibe...dull set... but still I had the biggest blast... but it is all subjective to your spot etc.

Berlin was even better in my opinion, but I had lame people surroding me (But BAD, Mways, Rain made up for it) and was not so blasted haha

Both Amsterdams were great too, but just missing anything extra.
  9. My vote is for Louisville, but have not listened to any shows other than the three I attended, but Louisville was a little better than Tampa, and a lot better than Miami. The 3 shows were almost a carbon copy of each other, no Little Things, no shocks or anything out of the ordinary. Just a great band putting on a great show, for a city like Louisville that pretty much only has Papa John's Pizza and the greatest boxer ever to its history. But bootlegs of Prince and U2 prove Louisville has a nice history of music legends!
  10. 1 - Seattle... (a lot of energy)
    2 - Santa Clara
    3 - Roma
  11. Seattle empress valley cd's ! Amazing!
    Louisville amazing /energy show ! You had to be there!