1. Originally posted by vegasmad:Just got back from seeing the second night at Twickenham and having been to both I'd say that Bono is on top form. He gave everything both nights and then some!!
    Same here and I agree !
  2. Exactly... and he pulled some funny looks tonight.... particularly after MW... He was involved. .. He was smitten !
  3. Originally posted by Edi:[..]
    Exactly... and he pulled some funny looks tonight.... particularly after MW... He was involved. .. He was smitten !
    Having seen him up close tonight there is feck all wrong with him
  4. Can't the mod delete this thread? It was ridiculous to start it in the first place. Having seen the group twice last month, I wish I had Bono's energy and drive....
  5. Originally posted by tumblingdice54:Can't the mod delete this thread? It was ridiculous to start it in the first place. Having seen the group twice last month, I wish I had Bono's energy and drive....
    We can't delete opinions just because we don't like them. Everyone can share theirs.
  6. Originally posted by tumblingdice54:Can't the mod delete this thread? It was ridiculous to start it in the first place. Having seen the group twice last month, I wish I had Bono's energy and drive....
    We delete / lock threads when they turn from productive conversation into personal attacks and insults between users. This has been a good hub for the many valid reactions to Bono's performances, ill-perceived or otherwise.

If he PMs me and asks me to lock the thread because he feels we are attacking him, I will do so!
  7. after watching a lot of London clips I don't think there is anything wrong with him.
  8. Originally posted by MattG:
    This has been a good hub for the many valid reactions to Bono's performances, ill-perceived or otherwise.

Fixed this for you.
    You're welcome.
  9. This is my 1st post so go easy and I joined just to contribute to this thread.

So, I have followed U2 since 1983 and I think I know them, as a fan, quite well.

For a while now, a few years, I have thought Bono isn't the same. I think he seemed different, as a person, after his accident in New York. I don't he sounds the same or quite acts the same (however, we all change throughout our lives so I'm probably wrong).

I even believed, at one point, he had been replaced by an imposter, since the accident. His voice is definitely not as strong as it used to, but maybe he is just getting old, like we all do. One must remember what he does as a nearly 60 years old man is immense.

It is also good to hear about the politics surrounding their record deal as that could be the 'change' that invoked the difference that is being discussed. U2, IMO, have declined as a band massively since Paul McGuiness left. They, IMO, haven't been very good since Atomic and that was a long time ago.

Most bands decline with age so it's not unusual, however, there is a change in Bono himself. The old songs are still as great as they always have been and I believe, after seeing them again last night - London 2nd show - they are sung with same enthusiasm. However, JT is difficult to sing I think. Let's hope there is an Zoo TV reprisal.

To conclude, U2 aren't as good in the studio as they were upto 2004. This is no big deal as most fans are older (as seen last night) and they themselves are older and we have the greatest back catalogue ever assembled.

Bono changed, IMO, after his accident, but we all change - so once again no big deal. He is still our hero (unless we have evidence that he has been replaced by an imposter!).

The management has changed and not for the better. I dislike their current management. I can't believe u2 are signed to them (I just found out from this thread) and I don't really want to want to spend any money making them richer.

If Bono isn't the same then I hope it's because he isn't happy with the record deal/management they have.
  10. Originally posted by Noway93:This is my 1st post so go easy and I joined just to contribute to this thread.

So, I have followed U2 since 1983 and I think I know them, as a fan, quite well.

For a while now, a few years, I have thought Bono isn't the same. I think he seemed different, as a person, after his accident in New York. I don't he sounds the same or quite acts the same (however, we all change throughout our lives so I'm probably wrong).

I even believed, at one point, he had been replaced by an imposter, since the accident. His voice is definitely not as strong as it used to, but maybe he is just getting old, like we all do. One must remember what he does as a nearly 60 years old man is immense.

It is also good to hear about the politics surrounding their record deal as that could be the 'change' that invoked the difference that is being discussed. U2, IMO, have declined as a band massively since Paul McGuiness left. They, IMO, haven't been very good since Atomic and that was a long time ago.

Most bands decline with age so it's not unusual, however, there is a change in Bono himself. The old songs are still as great as they always have been and I believe, after seeing them again last night - London 2nd show - they are sung with same enthusiasm. However, JT is difficult to sing I think. Let's hope there is an Zoo TV reprisal.

To conclude, U2 aren't as good in the studio as they were upto 2004. This is no big deal as most fans are older (as seen last night) and they themselves are older and we have the greatest back catalogue ever assembled.

Bono changed, IMO, after his accident, but we all change - so once again no big deal. He is still our hero (unless we have evidence that he has been replaced by an imposter!).

The management has changed and not for the better. I dislike their current management. I can't believe u2 are signed to them (I just found out from this thread) and I don't really want to want to spend any money making them richer.

If Bono isn't the same then I hope it's because he isn't happy with the record deal/management they have.
    Please post more stuff. Great thoughts and welcome to the site.
  11. Hey, you are the only one here being confrontational and mocking people with different opinions than you. Please stop.