1. I hope this. Not that he would ever admit to it though.
  2. There is something off with Edge and Bono, even when I watch the video's on YouTube where they stop and sign things for fans. Bono doesn't seems so happy anymore, it's always quick nowadays without the jokes he used to do.

He seems happier when performing recent songs though, maybe he just hates how hard it is to sing the Joshua Three

Adam on the other hand keeps getting younger!
  3. Edge has been a bore for a while now. It was like watching a droid back in 2015.

When the fun stops. Stop

4. Agreed. The choreography is so robotic - I didn't know they did the same exact pose right before Streets begins at every single show. Seems like they have no room to really enjoy playing these songs.

But then again, the songs are "ours now." Separate from the touring and aging elements, the idealist in me wants to think that Bono might be feeling the same genuine sadness and fatigue from the election and everything after it that much of us feel. It'll be interesting to see if the mood is different or the tone changes in he European shows.
  5. Originally posted by AllBecauseOfU2:[..]

Agreed. The choreography is so robotic - I didn't know they did the same exact pose right before Streets begins at every single show. Seems like they have no room to really enjoy playing these songs.

I+E was more robotic though, I could tell at which second Adam would walk to the left or when Edge would start to jump after a few shows or when Bono would face the crowd behind the stage. Although that show was more choreographed to begin with of course, primarily due to the screen.
  6. Originally posted by SonerMulder:There is something off with Edge and Bono, even when I watch the video's on YouTube where they stop and sign things for fans. Bono doesn't seems so happy anymore, it's always quick nowadays without the jokes he used to do.

He seems happier when performing recent songs though, maybe he just hates how hard it is to sing the Joshua Three

Adam on the other hand keeps getting younger!
    A suspicion I had for a while is that U2 actually was forced to do this tour by LiveNation to make up for the delay of Songs of Experience. If that is the case, then it is natural for the band to play shorter sets and be on 99% rather than 100% during a show (or even pre-show). It just can make a very small difference.
  7. Originally posted by U2anthony:In my opinion Bono is not happy with this tour so far. Struggling with setlist, only exit is epic. When you look to exit you see the performer and entertainer we know for years. The other songs are without energy and on auto pilot. When i look at the edge i i see the same. Edge is very static and without energie. I hope europe will give them new energie. In 1996 they strugled with popmart in US and they where great in europe.
    Could be. Adam was actually sitting down during RHMT at my show
  8. still don't believe anyone can make u2 do anything, contract or no.
  9. Originally posted by Remy:[..]
    A suspicion I had for a while is that U2 actually was forced to do this tour by LiveNation to make up for the delay of Songs of Experience. If that is the case, then it is natural for the band to play shorter sets and be on 99% rather than 100% during a show (or even pre-show). It just can make a very small difference.
    That sounds reasonable to me. That very small difference, but - at least for me - the whole TJT tour and everything around it doesn't really feel like U2 somehow. I can't put it into words. Maybe I shouldn't even try to judge until I have seen them live myself. Sigh. I don't know.
  10. Agreed, if it was in the contract they could easily have ignored the contract paying a fine and ending there partnership with livenation which I think is something they'd do if they didn't want to tour and we're being told to. I still see the band as being the main decision makers at least when they want to be, I think there is certain things they are happy to leave in other people's hands. Touring isn't one of them.