1. Hey there, was wandering if anyone knows what the intro music is to Bullet on Slane Castle, the one with the solo singer?? Cheers in advance
  2. Pretty sure it's Sinead O'Connor - can't tell you what "song" it is though.
  3. It is Sinead. Don't think it's an actual song though.
  4. Yep its Sinead alright.

There are actually two different versions of the intro too. Though I think they are just taken from different points in the same chant / song (which I've never been able to track down the original version of - maybe she did this specifically for U2? I would doubt that though but don't honestly know).

You can hear the second version (which seemed to get played less but I personally think is the better version) before Bullet from London Earls Court #3 (21st).
  5. Still trying to figure the origin out. Definitely sounds more like Sinead the Clannad...

It almost sounds like it could be part of an outtake from recording You Made Me The Thief Of Your Heart?
  6. Can we please spell Sinéad's name correctly. lol

Who remembers her brilliant collaboration with The Edge back in circa- 1986

7. Sorry for the faux pas. I don't have the fancy "e" on my keyboard. LOL

This was a great soundtrack. I think I may be one of the few people who saw the movie!
  8. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    Sorry for the faux pas. I don't have the fancy "e" on my keyboard. LOL

This was a great soundtrack. I think I may be one of the few people who saw the movie!
    I was only kidding but well spotted.

The movie, I honestly never saw it but that song was great.
  9. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:Still trying to figure the origin out. Definitely sounds more like Sinead the Clannad...

It almost sounds like it could be part of an outtake from recording You Made Me The Thief Of Your Heart?
    According to U2: A Concert Documentary, The Sinéad O'Connor vocals were "recorded especially for U2 by John Reynolds" (2003:256).

Originally posted by Caledonia:[..]
    You can hear the second version (which seemed to get played less but I personally think is the better version) before Bullet from London Earls Court #3 (21st).
    Again according to Pimm, at the Earls Court #3, the intro featured a special spoken intro from Aung San Su Kyi. This was only heard at that particular show. Perhaps when they changed this intro, they took a different sequence from the recorded vocals.