1. I appreciate the attempts to slow scalpers. But then you have a situation like mine, where I bought San Diego tickets through the fan club presale, and pretty expensive ones, because I really wanted to see this show again, and it was as close as the show was coming. So I did it even though it is an awful time for me to go. Then, out of virtually nowhere, the Phoenix/Glendale show was added (I am guessing it was supposed to be Atlanta but they had stadium ready issues).

So the show is in my hometown. I don't need to go through the hassle of SD and travelling during a busy time in my family life to see it. Except I have these tickets through the fan club, and I have to be the one to use them. So I am going. And I am sure I will enjoy the show. But I would rather dump the tickets for face since I have a show here, now.
  2. You can list on viagogo surely or seatwave
  3. How can I sell a ticket that requires my debit card to enter the venue?
  4. Originally posted by Timk68:I managed to get Europa league final tickets this year as I'm on FIFA mailing list , cost me $90, sold for £1500 , don't mind mugging Man Utd "fans" off
    However would never do that to u2 fans , I've 2 spares for London Sunday which will go face value or less as to u2 family
  5. You need to give (lend out) your card as well to the one you sell it to.
  6. Yeah...so that isn't an option. It is my live debit card and if I had a friend in the area who wanted to go, I would be happier to go. So any sale would have to be to a stranger through a 3rd party site. I wish there was an exchange set up through the fan club to allow movement of tickets for face...I know some artists have forums set up for just that purpose and moderators check to make sure the price is just recovery costs. But that wouldn't stop scalping from occurring outside unless the fanclub had its own exchange that required a code/verification of some sort. Not sure what that would look like.

It is just a unique situation here where they announced shows, and it appeared to be the totality of the tour, but then they announced another bank of shows leading into leaving North America, and THAT for sure was the end of the new shows, or at least appeared to be. At the moment I bought the San Diego tickets, there were either no rumors of further shows or rumors that New Orleans and Atlanta were going to get shows, and the New Orleans date seemed to confirm the validity of that rumor. Phoenix appears to be a pivot to have a show on that date that was originally destined to be an Atlanta show. It wasn't like I bought San Diego thinking there was any chance of a Phoenix show. I know it wasn't purposely withheld to cause ticket purchases for nearby shows, but it, in effect, worked out that way.

Oh well...I will need to go to SD. I should have bought cheap tickets for that show, but I really thought it was my last opportunity to see the show. It is a real pain that time of year to leave town, but I was willing to do so to see that show again. Now, I will have seen it 3 days prior. If the tickets were cheaper, I would consider eating them if it got really difficult to make the trip. But they are good seats.
  7. Ticket scalpers are alive and well on Stub Hub etc for these shows..This policy does not stop anything. Which makes it even more annoying. This is for fan club members pre sale. Any other purchase can sell for whatever they want. The Grateful Dead did mail order ticket sales for years. Avoided a lot of hassles. They should start their own ticket sales via mail order.
  8. Originally posted by drumhead30:Ticket scalpers are alive and well on Stub Hub etc for these shows..This policy does not stop anything. Which makes it even more annoying. This is for fan club members pre sale. Any other purchase can sell for whatever they want. The Grateful Dead did mail order ticket sales for years. Avoided a lot of hassles. They should start their own ticket sales via mail order.
    They used to do it that way.
  9. As I said, there's an easy way to combat scalpers. Enforce a strict non-transferable ticket policy. If you buy a ticket and can't go, too bad. The very fact tickets can be resold under any circumstances means scalping will always be a problem.
  10. Originally posted by ahn1991:As I said, there's an easy way to combat scalpers. Enforce a strict non-transferable ticket policy. If you buy a ticket and can't go, too bad. The very fact tickets can be resold under any circumstances means scalping will always be a problem.
    Only to sell back to ticket company for cca 75% so there is no profit and ticket company can resell it for face value...
  11. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    I agree with you. I just think TM should place a ceiling on resale prices on their site. This would (in theory, anyway) help further regulate artificially inflated prices. If you create a ceiling at 30%,40%, even 50% the seller is still making a reasonable profit (even after you hit him with your resale fees) and the buyer isn't getting completely fleeced either. It's other sites that make this difficult, which is why the paperless ticketing works. You'd think they would be able to regulate by allowing transfers through their resale site.

My simple mind is still trying to figure out how this is working for U2, unless the resellers (on TM or scalpers on Craigslist and StubHub are arranging to meet the buyers at venues)

But why should the sellers be making a "reasonable profit"? What service do they provide? Clogging up Ticketmaster with their bots, making the general sale much tougher & more stressful. Then trying to inflate ticket prices to ridiculous levels. I don't think they deserve to earn a cent!

I think Ticketmaster's resale site should only sell tickets at face value. See what the scalpers think of that. Ticketmaster would still be double dipping on the fees, which will keep them happy.

But whether Ticketmaster & Live Nation are actually scalpers themselves, offering up tickets on the resale site, that's another question!