1. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    You would need to either get money of your friends for there tickets before buying them and if they don't want them it's there financial loss, it's most likely people would chose to purchase there own in this case which is fine also. Photos should be uploaded to your account prior to purchase so it's just a simple case of attaching it at time of purchase with a simple click. I know it's harsh but it would certainly stop the scalpers and would mean more die hards are getting to see the show as you would only purchase a ticket if you were absolute certain you could go and really wanted to.
    Great concept. Don't believe it could ever work though. It's definitely incentive to keep your U2.com membership up. It would overload Ticketmaster...

It would certainly make it harder for people to come day of show looking for a ticket. I sure as hell wouldn't plan a spontaneous road trip to the next city because the show I saw was so great like I used to do...
  2. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    Great concept. Don't believe it could ever work though. It's definitely incentive to keep your U2.com membership up. It would overload Ticketmaster...

It would certainly make it harder for people to come day of show looking for a ticket. I sure as hell wouldn't plan a spontaneous road trip to the next city because the show I saw was so great like I used to do...
    I agree it has its downsides, but i don't know if there's any other way to stop the scalpers. Any other system still allows for the scalpers to make money, even the current card entry system, all the scalper would need to do is purchase 4 tickets sell 3 of them for more than the price he paid for the 4 and walk in with the 3 buyers. The online idea about only allowing resells at small margins is still limited because people could use other sites or sell tickets at venue. It's a case of are we willing to be limited by something like my photo idea in order to stop the scalpers or do we let it continue so we can have the current freedom we have but where people are getting ripped off.
  3. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I agree it has its downsides, but i don't know if there's any other way to stop the scalpers. Any other system still allows for the scalpers to make money, even the current card entry system, all the scalper would need to do is purchase 4 tickets sell 3 of them for more than the price he paid for the 4 and walk in with the 3 buyers. The online idea about only allowing resells at small margins is still limited because people could use other sites or sell tickets at venue. It's a case of are we willing to be limited by something like my photo idea in order to stop the scalpers or do we let it continue so we can have the current freedom we have but where people are getting ripped off.
    There is no scientific surety. There's a lot of trial involved. (i.e.- paperless only) People could go elsewhere. It's all market driven. I just think with photo requirement for each person to enter, you are creating a whole new animal on all ends... Slower transaction times on front ends, a lot of non savvy internet folks being denied if they don't have purchasing pre-requisites met, checking ID's at various points of the venue, if people can't make it, they are out the money, and their seat stays empty, impossible for fans that are winging it from city to city (and believe me, there are many more than you can imagine), etc...
  4. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    There is no scientific surety. There's a lot of trial involved. (i.e.- paperless only) People could go elsewhere. It's all market driven. I just think with photo requirement for each person to enter, you are creating a whole new animal on all ends... Slower transaction times on front ends, a lot of non savvy internet folks being denied if they don't have purchasing pre-requisites met, checking ID's at various points of the venue, if people can't make it, they are out the money, and their seat stays empty, impossible for fans that are winging it from city to city (and believe me, there are many more than you can imagine), etc...
    I know it is a lot of hassle I guess to solve the problem. I can see how it's not maybe the ideal solution. I think the reality is we'll always have the scalpers and the only thing that can be done really is to limit it and discourage it so in that respect we could go back to the ticketmaster resell idea where only small margins were allowed and maybe even don't allow listings on other sites. That would at least limit it I think. Scalpers would still be at the venue but taking the online market away from them would significantly limit them.
  5. I managed to get Europa league final tickets this year as I'm on FIFA mailing list , cost me $90, sold for £1500 , don't mind mugging Man Utd "fans" off
    However would never do that to u2 fans , I've 2 spares for London Sunday which will go face value or less as to u2 family
  6. Originally posted by Timk68:I managed to get Europa league final tickets this year as I'm on FIFA mailing list , cost me $90, sold for £1500 , don't mind mugging Man Utd "fans" off
    However would never do that to u2 fans , I've 2 spares for London Sunday which will go face value or less as to u2 family
  7. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I know it is a lot of hassle I guess to solve the problem. I can see how it's not maybe the ideal solution. I think the reality is we'll always have the scalpers and the only thing that can be done really is to limit it and discourage it so in that respect we could go back to the ticketmaster resell idea where only small margins were allowed and maybe even don't allow listings on other sites. That would at least limit it I think. Scalpers would still be at the venue but taking the online market away from them would significantly limit them.
    Bottom line is, no matter what the solution, there's alwaya gonna be someone left unhappy. Thats life...
  8. Yeah true, and in fairness I'm kinda fighting someone else's battle here because I've always got tickets at face value or less for u2 and I'm attending my 8th gig soon.
  9. Getting tickets is always a battle of will and nerves and negotiation skills.
  10. At the end of the day I think the bands are about involved in ticketing policies as ticketmaster is involved in running sound checks. (other than being enthusiastic about curbing scalping)
  11. Although... with a legal and encourages resale site, who's to say ticketmaster isnt scalping its own tickets? Something else to chew on, eh?
  12. Resale sites are the same as scalpers but just corporate.
    I'd rather pay a scalper to be honest