2017-07-08 - London
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Songs played: 25
Audio recordings: 4
Videos: 1
  1. Originally posted by teutonic:still waiting for my G.A. collectors ticket for the Saturday to arrive, had my seated tickets for the sunday show for ages.
    Got my collector tickets a couple of weeks ago...
  2. If anyone's around on the Saturday afternoon, i've planned an afternoon at the The Albany bar near Twickenham for drinks and meeting up with friends.

Address is:
    1 Queens Road, TW1 4EZ Twickenham
  3. Originally posted by iTim:A good time to re-post this:

Still looking to trade two of my London 1 GA for two of your London 1 seats. Price bracket £78 if possible, will consider £35 if you pay the difference. Will trade on the day or on the Friday if you're in town.
    I got seats but for London 2. Would you be interested in those?
  4. UNDER Two weeks now!!
  5. British Airways employees announced a strike lasting from the 1st to the 16th... Let's hope I'll even get to london
  6. Just wandering does anyone have any knowledge or past experience of transport once the gig is over for this particular venue. Been to London a few times but not too near Twickenham. We're staying near the Victoria station which I assume is pretty central to everything will transport be easy enough to there?
  7. Originally posted by iTim:A good time to re-post this:

Still looking to trade two of my London 1 GA for two of your London 1 seats. Price bracket £78 if possible, will consider £35 if you pay the difference. Will trade on the day or on the Friday if you're in town.
    hey buddy, I replied to your private message but it's not showing any message sent. Not sure if you got it. Lemme know.
  8. Hi guys, I'm still looking for the ticket to London 2. If you know somebody, who is selling, let me know. Thanks
  9. Nice to see this here, it's come around so quick! Will be at both #1 and #2.

I'm already on bended knees in hope ASoH will return!

Would be nice to see them easing up on the second leg, and freeing themself up from the slavery of the screen, the tech, and the concept just a tiny tiny bit and pull a rabbit or two (or three!) out of the magic rabbit hat that is the epic U2 catalogue, and have some fun up there and come off those rails for 5 or 10 minutes a show.

That said, I'll take whatever is coming and enjoy every flipping second of it!
  10. Originally posted by Caledonia:Nice to see this here, it's come around so quick! Will be at both #1 and #2.

I'm already on bended knees in hope ASoH will return!

Would be nice to see them easing up on the second leg, and freeing themself up from the slavery of the screen, the tech, and the concept just a tiny tiny bit and pull a rabbit or two (or three!) out of the magic rabbit hat that is the epic U2 catalogue, and have some fun up there and come off those rails for 5 or 10 minutes a show.

That said, I'll take whatever is coming and enjoy every flipping second of it!
    I also hope to hear ASOH, but there are a lot of other songs that i haven't heard live even as longtime fan.
    Thumbs up !! Cross fingers etc...
  11. Originally posted by deanallison:Just wandering does anyone have any knowledge or past experience of transport once the gig is over for this particular venue. Been to London a few times but not too near Twickenham. We're staying near the Victoria station which I assume is pretty central to everything will transport be easy enough to there?
    I'm dreading getting back, I'm near Tower Bridge. Went in 2005, and ended up walking back to my hotel in Ealing (closest hotel I could get back then, which was about an 8 mile walk or something - not fun after the hottest day of the year when you've been queuing since 6am lol - the things we do for U2).

As far as I understand its zone 2 on the tube, nearest station is about 1.5 miles away Hounslow East I think. I'll be getting there by tube and just walk from there, but getting back, I think its probably by rail from Twickenham Station which does go into central London. Tube is all night now on weekends I believe, so you should just be able to hop off anywhere in central London, and work your way back on the tube. That said, not sure if weekends includes sunday nights. Believe you can use your Oyster card (if you've got one) on the train there. Need to double check that though.
  12. Originally posted by Soundwall:[..]
    I also hope to hear ASOH, but there are a lot of other songs that i haven't heard live even as longtime fan.
    Thumbs up !! Cross fingers etc...